Just in case ...

JT997TT

In case anyone had been thinking of or eyeing up a 997 Turbo, I might be parting with mine and thought I would throw it out there for the members before I trade it in.

Many of you know the car, but I think it has been taken care of meticulously with no expense spared and has some some (mostly subtle) modifications. Full 3M on front. Bulit in Passport radar / laser. GT2-like suspension set up.

It is a 2007 an has about 45000 kms on it (need to double check this when I pull it out of storage). Imported it from San Diego in 2010.

Have a price in mind that I think is reasonable and would need to achieve in order to make it worth not trading it. Contact me for more details if interested.

Jim

997 with front trim.jpg

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Hi Jim!

Sorry to see you are selling your beautiful Turbo. Having seen your car I'm sure you'll get top dollar for it. Good luck.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Jim, why the sale? I thought for sure this one would be the keeper.

Alex

1980 911SC Targa "turbo" - Light Blue Metallic

2007 997TT Coupe - black/black and black - now wrapped Gloss Red Metallic

Hi Jim

Trust all is well and you aren't suffering too much from winter duldrums!

Your announcement states "have a price in mind in order to make it not worth trading"

Curious to know what you have your eye on that is worth trading in a Twin Turbo for??

Do tell.

Barnsey :cool:

Edited by Rick

Alex: it is a keeper. Part of me is really struggling as I never intended to sell it and would love to continue on for years and years. Worried I might regret this down the road.

Rick: It's not so much what I am trading it for per se, but the fact that I really really enjoy my 964 and drove it more than the 997 last year. As I have written about previously, I do struggle with the fact that I rarely get to exercise anywhere close to the full potential of the Turbo in the driving I do. It's kind of like driving around a tiny lake in a cigar speed boat or being given the keys to a Bugatti and asked to only drive it in a school zone. I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea.

Plus the value has held in fairly well on my car an I do like the idea of driving away with something fun, sporty, practical, and BRAND NEW with no money changing hands (the dealer will actually pay me a tiny bit).

Still love the Pcars as much as ever!

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

Haha, You have too many cars already!

Jim