Registration for Blackrock 2016

Rick

Happy New Year everyone ;)

I hope this notice finds everyone having enjoyed Christmas and eagerly anticipating what 2016 holds in store. Elaine and I have certainly enjoyed the relatively mild weather that has been present since New Year's Eve.

I am pleased to advise that the Vancouver Island Region PCA will again host their Black Rock event this year. This event continues to be one of the premier events in Zone 6 and 2016 will see the agenda enhanced yet again.

Registration for the event will open Saturday, January 30th and usually sells out within 60 minutes, so mark your calendar if you think you would like to attend.

Registration will be through the VIR website (url below) for convenience.

www.virpca.org

All details will be posted here on our site once their agenda is finalized.

All our best to you for 2016!

Rick Barnes, V.P. WRR PCA :cool:

Edited by Rick

Thanks for the advance notice Rick!

I agree this is a great event in Zone 6. I've attended a few times and have enjoyed my time on the Island. There are some amazing people in the Vancouver Island Region to meet and talk cars with between sessions out on the Tofino Airport runways tracking our cars in High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) and Autocross.

Hope we get a good number of WR members out there again!

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 4 weeks later...
Hooray, we just signed up for Black Rock at 10:05 , got busy signal all the time but we improved our chance by using 3 tablets to register. Hotel room already booked too......so Happy now.

2018 991.2 GTS

2018 Cayenne

1989 Carrera 3.2

Lok. Glad to read your signed up. I also signed up around the same time, maybe a minute earlier! Then booked my hotel room. Got the last Studio Oceanview Room! Fingers crossed we get a confirmation email from the organizers that we're in and not on the wait list!

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Hi David:

Glad to read you registered. With a time that early your likely to get in.

We should all talk sometime in the weeks prior to see if anyone wants to drive out on the same schedule. What day and time is the ferry you booked?

Also, Mark and Leslie who live in your neighborhood are also going!

Kevin

Edited by KevinJ
spelling errors!

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet. I called a friend on VIR's executive yesterday. The person who will being sending out the notes was away working last week. He is back and has all the registration requests. He just has to find time to send out the 80 some emails to the lucky ones.

We need to be patient!

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 2 weeks later...