Cayenne Oil change

malcolm

My oil of choice for the Cayenne is Rotella T6 and as its on sale I stocked up yesterday. The new parts bin always has filters on the shelf so with reasonable garage temperatures, a number of kms on the speedo since the last change I changed the oil and filter.

The Cayenne GTS comes with air suspension that can be raised /lowered dependant on driving application and as the lift is not operational (another story) I raised the vehicle height to special terrain, the highest it can go. With this setting the project can be carried out without further level adjustment.

There are 2 covers that have to be removed; the front cover first attached by 8 T20 torx screws. The next cover is held on by 9 bolts with 10mm heads. Once both are removed the oil drain plug can be accessed, 8mm hex. Once loosened and removed the ~9L of old oil comes out with a rush. As the oil drips out the filter can be serviced by removing a cap 36mm with Oring then the paper cartridge filter can by withdrawn.

Clean the cap then install a new Oring and new filter........torque to spec.

Clean the oil drain plug, install a new washer then install on engine......torque to spec.

Fill the engine with fresh oil, start her up for a few mins and check for leaks. All good, shut the engine off, install the 2 covers, recheck oil level and top up if required and close the hood.

All good for another 15k kms :)

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Keith Adams
Now I wish my Ford F-150 had air suspension! It's about 3/4" of an inch too low to scoot under without my belt buckle hanging up on the bumper!