Euro Cars & Coffee starts May 3, 2016

CarreraGT

EuroCC postcard.jpg

After starting as a small get-together between the FCA and PCA five years ago, Euro Cars & Coffee has turned into a must-attend weekly gathering for several hundred automotive enthusiasts sharing their passion!

Our growth has necessitated a new home this year and we are thrilled to announce that the Cardel Group has generously offered to host us at their incredible facility at 180 Quarry Park Blvd. We will be starting on May 3 and it will go every week (weather permitting) to October 4!

Porsche is being featured on May 17 so be sure to save the date! Other marques are being featured as well. I am also trying to coax out some special cars from each marque!

May 17: Porsche featured

June 14: Ferrari featured

July 19: Lamborghini featured

Sept 13: British cars featured

There is ample parking for everyone at Cardel and this year the parking lot will be clear for us (no more random grocery shopper cars!). We have divided the parking lot into two sections: one for the Euro Cars & Coffee show cars and another for spectators.

Euro Cars & Coffee Map.jpg

The Cardel Theatre has also been reserved each night exclusively for the Euro Cars & Coffee show car owners if they wish to duck out of the crowds for a little bit.

With the early spring we have enjoyed, there have been a lot of questions from owners and spectators alike about the changes to the event this season, the appropriate etiquette, appropriate vehicles to bring, etc., and we’re happy to answer some FAQs in order for everyone to maximize their enjoyment.

Euro Cars & Coffee FAQ

Edited by CarreraGT

'05 CGT/'14 Turbo/'18 GT2RS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CarreraGT

• mrdunlop944

• j09genii

• Perci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny I've taken the wife out the last two Tuesday nights to Marda Loop and we were the only ones there, even at 24 degrees out :(

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

Might be a stupid question, butttt if you want to park your vehicle in the owner lot is there any restrictions other than just parking my 911 and joining in? Or do I need to let someone know that I am attending incase there is assigned parking?

This will be my first time attending!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Just show up and mingle. It's the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

CarreraGT

It's looking like amazing weather and an amazing turnout for the first Euro Cars and Coffee of the season! We're expecting a number of special cars!

Cardel, being the generous guys they are, will be awarding one of these trophies each week! You need to be there to collect the bragging rights!

trophy.jpg

Bert Leemburg

What a terrible location, you might as well have it in Lethbridge, wouldn't any body find a place more central?

I will look at the pictures…

Bert

calgary7er

I think this will be a fantastic location! We will be away from residential, and not completely taking up the parking lots of retail stores that have more rights to these spots than we do! I felt bad for the Safeway in Mardaloop as when word of mouth (or rather social media) got out that an ultra rare hyper car (or four) were at that evenings event, the whole area would be parked up by gawkers. Even us who wanted to show are cars had to park a block away. Think if you were a family coming to buy their weekly groceries!

The Cardel boys are great supporters of the local European car scene, and the use of their area is greatly appreciated! From what I see, the 15 kilometer distance from the previous site, to the new is 15 more smiles!!

See you there tomorrow night!

I think that to have a business offer up there property for everyone to enjoy a similar passion is wonderful. Not to mention that most of the Porsche Club drives start up in the Far North, (I'm in the deep south), is great. Finally us South Dwellers don't have to do a pre-club drive to get to the club drive. hahaha ;)

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

KMR 968 Turbo
To be honest Bert, no business wants these kinds of shows in their parking lots. The Grey Eagle cancelled theirs, Ikea kicked the guys out of theirs and I don't know of any other venue that is happy to have an event of this type on their grounds. The fact Cardel is being so generous is awesome. Worth making the drive from the Arctic parts of Calgary. Come to the south, it's warmer down here. ;)

Some members dont live in the big city so no matter where the location our drive is a 'little' longer.

Cardel location tonight and Priddis tomorrow......I wait all winter to drive my Porsche cars, bring it on :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

mrdunlop944
Malcolm you said it!!! May the Porsche Gods shine down on you.

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

KMR 968 Turbo
Some members dont live in the big city so no matter where the location our drive is a 'little' longer.

Cardel location tonight and Priddis tomorrow......I wait all winter to drive my Porsche cars, bring it on :)

Don't be too hard on Bert. He sold his Porsche this winter. So now there is no way he can enjoy driving. Even an extra 15 minutes must feel like agony for him.

ddavidoff

Priddis? What was out there?

Who won the award and the 50/50?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

WOW! what an event, unbelievable collection of cars. It was too crowded though, but what do you expect. Nice to see Lamborghini Calgary bring 2 brand new LP580-2 Huracans. There were some really nice Porsche's there as well, ones I've never seen out before.

Looking forward to next week.

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

ddavidoff
WOW! what an event, unbelievable collection of cars. It was too crowded though, but what do you expect. Nice to see Lamborghini Calgary bring 2 brand new LP580-2 Huracans. There were some really nice Porsche's there as well, ones I've never seen out before.

Looking forward to next week.

Too crowded? Didn't seem that way to me.

CarreraGT

With respect to the awards, it was a zoo that first night and it was impossible to get anyone's attention to properly award it. I decided to only do it for the marque nights for the time being.

The dealers (who will be hosting the owners lounge and hospitality on the feature marque nights) will select and award the trophy on those nights within the marque being featured.

With the new location we are learning what we need to do better. We need some more signage for the owners lounge so people are aware of it. We need to cone off the show car parking extremely quickly since spectators show up over an hour early. It also appears that we need more parking to accommodate everyone that shows up.

Later in the year, we will do the awards in the owners lounge at a set time and it will happen each week once we get everything running a little more smoothly.

Edited by CarreraGT