Cayenne Service - Oil/Filter

malcolm

As Im piling on the miles of my daily driver I changed the oil and filter yesterday, again :).

There are 2 engine covers underneath that have to be removed. The small cover nearest the front is held in place by 8 T25 screws and once removed the cover is easily taken off. The 2nd cover somewhat larger held in situ by 9 10mm head bolts; again remove all and drop the cover.

The engine oil drain plug is now visible and takes a 8mm hex.......remove slowly as the oil drops in a hurry and be careful there is a crush washer.

The oil filter cartridge is inside a large housing which takes a large 36mm wrench to remove and the filter is accessible.

MOST IMPORTANT: go to the garage fridge for a refreshment to ensure sufficient time for all to drain.

The new filter is installed into the housing with a tight snap as well the large Oring is replaced. The drain plug is cleaned with brake cleaner and with a new crush washer installed and torqued to spec.

Lower the vehicle and fill engine with oil of choice. I use Rotella 5W40 full synthetic that I buy by the pail full when on sale......works out to $7/L. Once full, start engine and allow to idle for a few mins checking oil comes up to temp and theres no leaks. All good raise vehicle, attach covers in their respective positions and fasteners tighten to spec., lower vehicle, check and adjust oil level as required to bring to full mark on dipstick (yes the Cayenne has one).

Close hood job done for another 15k kms. :cool:

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)