The local fuel question.

mbeckergt3

Ok I've been holding off asking this one of the club members as I thought I must be able to find good info on this one on-line or with the dealers ...

What are the best views on locally available fuels ?

My GT3 calls for 93 octane so I've been using PCan Ultra 94 or Husky 94. I also know those fuels contain up to 10% ethanol, which albeit is less than the 15% the Porsche manual and dealers say, I understand may not best best for the engines (rings or cylinder sleeve issue?) and plus lower heat value, so theoretically less 'go'? No Chevron Techron around here which I understand is no ethanol, and the only other non-ethanol fuel is V-power which is only 91 octane ...

V-power with octane boost? Would that actually do anything power and performance wise ?

What is the wise thinking on this one, what is everyone doing ?

Thanks in advance for some feedback

Becker

A guy who runs a very busy dyno here said he tested all the fuel this year and found

that Husky 94 consistently was the least prone to knock.

Not an expert by any means, but I do know I had a slight hesitation that developed in my turbo a few years back and when I took it in to Porsche the first question they asked was what fuel are you using. At the time I had being going with a bit of a mix it up strategy and had a tank of Shell Vpower Premium in my car. Right away he told me that was my problem and advised using Husky / Mohawk Premium. Have never had a problem since.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic