Escape 2011

Danielle

Brodie and I want to attend but we won't be able to take enough time off work to drive.

We'll fly either to Las Vegas or to Phoenix and then rent a car to drive to Flagstaff. It's 4 hour drive from Vegas, 2 hours from Phoenix. The flight times from Vegas are much better which is why I prefer flying to Vegas.

Fly in Wednesday morning fly home Sunday night.

This is a heads up saying that we might do this so if anyone else wants to join maybe we can get a group together and make a great vacation out of it. We can rent some Porsches or maybe a few hummers and all pile in together....

Wow what a keener. :D:D:D

I have been thinking about this event as well but this time I would load the GT3 instead of the Cayman on one of our trailers and tow it there with the Hummer. I really liked Mark's and Erik's towing idea to Sunpeaks, smart guys, but who knows it is a year away lots of things seem to change in that time.;)

If I were to fly it would be to Savannah for the parade, as that might be more fun and different, in my opinion anyways.

Edited by Caymanwalter
  • 3 weeks later...

Came across these dates on PCA Zone 6 Event List

PCA Escape 2011

Category PCA

Location Little America, Flagstaff, AZ

Start 9/14/2011 All Day

End 9/18/2011

I am planing to take the 912 down to Escape. I might put it on a trailer to keep the little squirrels in the engine rested.

It's only a 4 cylinder and not much power up the high passes.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would love to go but I have this anchor called a job! There are just too many things on my vacation list this year that I will have to pass on this one.

Mark and Fritz I hope you have a great trip. Take a few extra days driving down and back. I love Zion National Park, Moab with Cayonlands National Park and Arches National Park at its doorstep, The Grand Canyon. If you're driving down I-15 you have to stop in Ogden Utah and visit the Hill Areospace Museum at Hill Air Force Base. If you're into American military planes - this place has most of them - B17 Flying Fortress, the B1-B Bomber, F16, B52 (outside), F4, F15, F18 etc. Also the SR-71! Great museum and most planes are inside but they also have some outside. Plus I believe it's free.

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5