Ellen Visits the Porsche Experience Centre in LA

Danielle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting, Danielle. Sheila and I were there at the beginning of December and enjoyed it immensely. We had expiring Air Miles to use before year end (or so we thought) and the choice was Houston or LA. Once we got through that hard choice, I booked us in at the PEC for both the simulators and track time. We chose to each drive a 9114S, as that is what we have. You can drive pretty much any model, dependent on how busy they are. It is definitely a good plan to book ahead. I've attached the link below.

It is a total driving experience, with opportunities to try three different simulated ice surfaces including a hill and skid pad, use launch control and hard braking, driving around pylons at speed and moose avoidance - at least that is what they call it. Plus track time, starting with the instructor driving the first couple of laps. We each had 1 1/2 hours in the cars, nearly all it with us driving.

The PEC is located at the dealer in Carson and they have a few interesting cars for viewing including the 959 that competed in the Dakar-Paris rally in 1985 complete with original dirt (Porsche finished 1-2 in 1986). There is a shop, cafe and a restaurant there, although based on personal experience, I wouldn't have the burger (delicious) before your driving experience. Even the butter at the restaurant has had the Porsche experience.

We highly recommend it!

Mark and Sheila

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsche-experience-center-los-angeles/

060.jpg062.jpg068.jpg079.jpg082.jpg083.jpg092.jpg077.jpg090.jpg086.jpg099.jpg089.jpg

Sheila Allan and Mark Oliver

2012 911 C4S

Jane and I will be there in a couple of weeks. We are booked for lunch at 11 AM and track time starting at 1 PM. Like you I've booked my own model - a Boxster S. However I'm sure is will have a little more power than my 2008 model year.

I'll take your recommendation and go light on my lunch.

Thanks for the pics and write up. Any interest in writing a long version for the newsletter?

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kevin,

I'm sure that you will enjoy it. When is your next deadline?

Mark

Mid Feb would be great. Thanks!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5