GT3 Spring inspection and enhancement.

Rick

Hi there ...

Trust our members had a good winter and are preparing to bring their car/s out of hibernation soon.

I decided to do a little work on the GT3 while waiting for my latest parts order (for my 914 project car) from Pelican parts to arrive.

I had previously purchased a mesh grill guard kit for the car and chose to install it this week.

GT3 less nose cone 1.jpg

After removing the nose cone from the car I could clearly see that a considerable amount of road debris had accumulated in the side & centre ducts that direct air over the various heat exchangers residing in the front of our rear engined' wonders.

I used my shopvac to remove the unwanted stuff and ended up with 1/2 cup of pea sized gravel, leaves, twigs ... and a long deceased Mountain Blue Bird! (I guess we were both flying!)

Installation of the RennLine grill protector kit took just an hour.

GT3 with mesh guards 1.jpg

The entire project took less than four hours and I can now drive with relative confidence that I won't be collecting as much road debris and fewer fowl this year!

Look forward to seeing everyone out & about soon.

br

Rick Barnes

Edited by Rick