1970 911E Project Car

coldstorageunit

coldstorageunit

Hi All,

I've decided to put my project car up for sale to see if there's any interest here in the region first before I post elsewhere as well.

I have a 1970 911E project car that I acquired a couple years ago with the best of intentions for full restoration. There's a lot of metal work that is required to be done, more than I expected, and I am finding the project to be a little too ambitious for me at this stage of life (read: little kids at home and no extra time).

So, I'd like to pass it along to a new owner. Here are some details.

Previous owner had switched some of the body panels out to forward date the car to the impact bumper era cars. They changed to a short hood, changed the front fenders, added the flared rear quarters from a later car (SC maybe?), and changed all the bumpers to the impact style.

My intent was to return it to more of a stock look but keep the flared rear quarters. I have quite a few of the replacement panels purchased already that will come with the car. The are pieces from Restoration Design and Sierra Madre.

• Gas tank support panel
  • front suspension panel
  • nose replacement panel to suit long hood
  • passenger door mount pillar
  • headlight pocket and trim piece add ons to convert short hood front fenders to long hood style

The transmission is still mounted in the car. The engine was swapped for a 2.2T by the previous owner. That engine was torn down for a rebuild but was never completed. It has all parts bagged and preserved with the exception of 5 of the cylinder heads and both camshaft housings. There is also no carbs or MFI. None of these parts were included with the car when I purchased it.

The interior has all been pulled out of the car, including the glass. I still have all the removed pieces and will include them with the sale.

Car has 15" cookie cutter wheels.

Driver side rear quarter has been removed but comes with the car. It was removed because the inner fender skin needs to be repaired.

Here are some pictures of the car as purchased two years ago:

IMAG0338.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

Here are some pictures as the vehicle stands today:

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Looking for $7,500 obo.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...