Info on buying a Cayenne.

Guest ccarrgo

Guest ccarrgo

Hello everyone, I have been looking for a LR3 but have not found one yet. But I did test drive a Cayenne the other day, and Kari and I loved it. It was a 2006 S. Does anyone here own one? Love to know what they think of it. Also going to test drive a turbo, and would like any info on them as well.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Cody Carr

Guest dconnon

Hi Cody,

I just bought a 2009 V6 Cayenne from SSFC and love it. I've had it for about 2 weeks now. It's not the S but the power is adequate for my needs in an SUV. Price and warranty were also right. More than happy to discuss further if you'd like.

Doug

Guest ccarrgo
Thanks for the help. I picked up Excellence. Great article. Hey Doug did you buy the warranty? Or was there already warranty on it? Kinda looking for the V8. As we will be pulling with it.
Kinda looking for the V8. As we will be pulling with it.

Have you thought of the Cayenne's VW cousin, the Touareg? Its available with a V6 TDI, gives you 40 more ft-lbs of torque than the 4.8L gasser in the Gen1 Cayenne's (410 vs 370 ft-lbs). You can tow a trailer up to 7400 lb, and when you're not? Crazy gas mileage (~35 mpg), instant throttle response, handles like a sport sedan, and you'd never know you were driving a diesel (none of the clues we normally associate on this continent with diesels...). We recently picked up a 2011, my first TDI, and I'm absolutely amazed by it.

Guest dconnon

Cody, The warranty was included. Since I bought it from Porsche it has the original warranty plus they added on the Certified Pre-owned. Its now a full 5 years, 160 000 km.

Erik, That comment coming from you really makes me stop and think! I think I'm done for awhile. (he said before he saw that Red GT2)