PCA Wild Rose Region 2011 Driver Education and Track Lapping Events

Guest Basic

Guest Basic

The 2011 Track Season is fast approaching for the PCA Wild Rose Region, this year we are looking to continue our previous years successes with a full schedule of events.

The Driver Education Day will be a bit different from what we have run in the past, this year in conjunction with a Beginners Education Program, we will be running an Advanced Education Program for students that are looking for more focused instruction and that have taken Track Schools in the past and have experience on track.

Doug Hall will be running our school this year, Doug has a amazing amount of experience and has brought a very solid program to the table. The Beginner school will be for those students that have limited or no experience with track driving, or for those whom are still working on improving the basic driving skills. The Advanced school will be for those who wish to focus more beyond the basics and receive advanced class room discussion that will be put to use on track based on each students individual needs. The format will be Advanced students on track first for a warm-up and introduction to your instructor while beginner students are in the class room, then switching off. This is an excellent format for couples, parent/kids, etc. to share one car while both attend the school, one in the beginner class and one in the advanced class.

We have assembled an excellent group of instructors who own and track Porsche cars which will greatly benefit our students with their expert experience on track in Porsches.

We will be looking to have 15 students in each class (beginner and advanced) so please sign-up ASAP to ensure your spot. Our Driver Education is required to attend the Track Program, if you have taken the school in the past you will be allowed to run the track program without attending this years school. If you have other track experience and have attended other programs you will need to get approval before signing up for the track program.

Dates:

April 30 (Saturday) - Driver Education Day (HPDE)

May 17 (Tuesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

June 1 (Wednesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

July 5 (Tuesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

July 26 (Tuesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

Aug 8 (Monday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

Aug 22 (Monday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

Sept 30 (Friday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

All days will have Driver Instructors to help work with participants upon request. If you’re looking for more dedicated instruction assistance per day this can be arranged for a fee to cover the instructors time.

All of the Track Day events will be run full course with two run groups, Normal and Fast. While anyone can go out in either run group please remember that in the Normal group you must not pressure the car in front, leave lots of space between cars and be courteous.

Pricing as follows:

Driver Education Day (HPDE) $275 for PCA WRR members and associate members whom will receive priority to non-members. Non-member fee will be $350 if spots are available. We will be running 15 beginner spots and 15 advanced spots, we may expand this if the demand is there and the instructors are available.

Paypal Link

Track Program for all 7 days will cost PCA WRR members $850 (that's only $125 per event which is great value to use the full road course for the day)

Registration will be open only for purchasing of the full 7 day program on a first come first serve basis. We will be allowing a maximum of 35 packages sold, if we sell out all 35 spots in the full 7 day package there will not be part packages available. This is the last year for Race City so best get registered asap. We may open up 3 day packages if all 35 7 day spots do not sell out in a set time.

Paypal Link

Please post or PM me for specific questions regarding the programs.

Paul

PCA WRR Track Chair

Edited by Basic
Guest Basic
Will you be timing laps on the Track Days?

No official timing will be done, these events will be non-competitive. This allows for much more track time for everyone.

I also just signed up. Let's all enjoy the last year of this track .

Anybody hear anything about replacement or new plans, new track, new land...anything?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Basic

Very good turnout so far, if your thinking of signing up you better get in as we will be opening this up to non-members very soon and can easily fill the remaining spots.

If you have any questions please PM me and I'll do my best to answer as soon as possible.

Paul

Here's a motivational video :)

'01 996TT with bilstein PSS9's and some upgraded brake pads, stock exhaust and a tune.

Guest Basic

We are opening up the 3 and 4 Day Track Packs for members, there is a limited number of these packages available and once sold out that will be it for track days for the last year of Race City...

3 Day Track Pack

June 1 (Wednesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

July 26 (Tuesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

Aug 22 (Monday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

3 Day Track Package - Member

$450.00

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=UTKBJ2FEX9YU4

4 Day Track Pack

May 17 (Tuesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

July 5 (Tuesday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

Aug 8 (Monday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

Sept 30 (Friday) - Track Day - Full Course Lapping

4 Day Track Package - Member

$600.00

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R2JECJAGPVV9N

pixel.gif

Paul

PCA WRR Track Chair

Paul, I signed up for the HPDE - Driver Education Day, as a beginner. This takes place on Saturday, April 30 (unfortunately, I can't make the track days). Where does this event take place? Is this strictly "classroom" or is there track time as well? At what time and how long is the course?

Thanks!

Alex

Alex

1980 911SC Targa "turbo" - Light Blue Metallic

2007 997TT Coupe - black/black and black - now wrapped Gloss Red Metallic

Hi Paul,

It was nice meeting you today. I am interested in signing up for the 3 day package. Please confirm the dates and how to register for 3 day...

Thanks so much!

Paul, it was great to meet you this evening at the monthly meeting. As far as helmet requirements for the driver's Ed day on April 30.....can I use my ski helmet?

Alex

Alex

Alex,

Did not realize you were at the meeting, sorry we missed. I purchased a helmet last year for auto X but never used it. If it fits your more than welcome to try it.

Paul

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

That would be great Paul!....could you please bring it on the DE day. I will be away April 16-29 in Hawaii so I've got limited time to find a helmet but I'm sure yours will work out for the day.

Actually, we did meet last night....I was the guy with the 2006 C4S and 1980 911SC!

Alex

Alex

I'm sorry Paul.....I mean't Paul Benning(?), the track chair person! Otherwise are you, Paul (never got your last name) going to the DE day on the 30th? If not, then I could swing by this weekend to try out your helmet if that would be OK?

Alex

Alex

No worries Alex, Paul is a popular name.

Will be home sat. morning, than off to see Fritz (weather permitting) to change fuel pump. Otherwise I will be home tonight installing seats.

give me a shout and we''ll work something out. 403-472-3001

Paul

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

Sorry about the confusion!......will call you this aft!

Alex

Alex

Guest Basic

Sorry seemed to have missed these questions, not getting my email notifications.

Helmets are as follows:

Snell Approved 2000 or newer and Motorcycle rated are allowed, if you don't own a helmet you're probably best to go to a local motorcycle shop and try them on before purchasing, this isn't something you want to mail order.

So no ski helmets :)

I will be sending out an email shortly regarding placement in our school, it will basically be a self evaluation form that will help us decide where to place you in the program.

Paul Botting

PCA WRR Track Chair

Guest Don Driscoll

I am registered for the fires time with my Cayenne s. It is currently wearing winter tired. Should i change to the hi performance summer tires?

Don

Guest Basic

This will be the only PCA WRR DE of the year.

I would recommend not running on snow tires as they will quickly be destroyed if the track is dry. If we have a wet track they will probably be ok.

• 2 weeks later...