Spring - wherefore art thou?

Guest ArcticOne

Guest ArcticOne

I am getting increasingly frustrated with the teasing going on by mother nature - wanting to get the SC out of the garage, but no luck yet. Last weekend was a possibility but Sunday's dump of snow preluded that. Had hoped this weekend, but no, more snow and cooler temperatures. Next weekend off to Yellowknife.

Will there be an opportunity soon? Afterall, in the desert region of Alberta we are supposed to have nicer temps than the rest of you all.

grrrrr

jb

I'm tired of waiting and have decided that like Fritz has shown with his chain lakes drive a week and a half ago, take advantage of any decent weather we get.

If the roads dry up a little more and the temperature is above zero, Danielle and I are starting up the Cayman and going for a drive.

The Farmer's Almanac Says:

Here is a cut & paste for Calgary and area: (I don't believe you can predict that far into the future, but if you look at the summary they put out last summer they kind of nailed it so far...)

APRIL 2011: temperature 2 °C (4 °C below avg.); precipitation 30mm (avg.);

Apr 1-6: Snow, cold;

Apr 7-10: Sunny, cold;

Apr 11-13: Sunny, cold;

Apr 14-18: Rain and snow showers, cool;

Apr 19-26: Snowstorm, then sunny, cool;

Apr 27-30: Sunny, warm.

Annual Weather Summary: November 2010 to October 2011

Winter will be 2 to 4 degrees C colder than normal, on average, with the coldest weather in mid-January and other cold periods from the second half of December through much of January and in mid- and late February. Precipitation will be a bit above normal, with above-normal snowfall. The heaviest snowfalls will occur in early and mid-November, late December, and late February.

April and May will be much cooler than normal, with near-normal precipitation. Snowfall will be above normal, with late-season snowfalls in early and mid- to late April.

Summer will be drier than normal, with temperatures below normal in Alberta and Saskatchewan and above normal in Manitoba. The hottest temperatures will occur in early to mid-July and mid-August.

September and October will be drier and slightly warmer than normal.