European Car Show - Saturday July 16

Danielle

Here is the info for the car show Saturday:

eccm2011.jpg

Stanley Park

Access via Park Ave. SW, Calgary, AB

July 16, 2011 11:00am to 4:00pm

$15 Entry fee to participants register on site

Participants are encouraged to dress in the period of their entry.

A portion of the proceeds will go to Calgary Food Bank

I can not find anything saying what time registration starts?

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

Guest ArcticOne

Will be at the show. Not sure whether the SC will be there or whether I will have my 1968 Triumph GT6 instead. Sorting out a generator issue with the GT6.

Registration is actually open now online at the VSCCC website. It is preferred to register online rather than last minute - makes life a tad easier on the organizers and volunteers I hear.

jb

I just tried to register on line and it told me that online registration is now closed and to register on site.

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

Bert Leemburg

Hey everyone,

Yeah, count me in, we are also signed up for the Rev-up party at Big Rock Brewery for Friday night.

I will bring the 993 C2S, hope our club puts on a good showing!

Bert

Keith Adams
Fritz - weather forecast looks good! I will bring your carb tools with me to return to you, as I think I have done all the damage I can do.

I'll try to attend if I can find time to clean the car or maybe I could clean it there.

Hope we have a good turnout!

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Keith Adams
I'll try to attend if I can find time to clean the car or maybe I could clean it there.

Hope we have a good turnout!

Kevin

Kevin please don't park near me, because there is no way I am cleaning my car.

Guest ArcticOne

The SC will be in attendance. Somewhat bittersweet as I wanted the GT6 on the road, but a faulty generator has 'stalled' my plans.

Anyhoo should be fun - looking forward to Danielle's cake!!! I will be there early as also at the Rev Up party and will be volunteering with the Saturday AM set up.

Cheers and look forward to seeing you all. Unfortunately James Bond (the parrot) will not be in attendance as he will be safe and sound at the kennel.

Question for the Calgary members. By the time I get to Calgary there will be approximately 13,296 squarshed bugs on the front of the SC. Any recommended car washes on the south side that would let me spend time scrubbing off the bugs? Or alternatively, recommended places that do a hand wash?

merci et a bientot

jb

Question for the Calgary members. By the time I get to Calgary there will be approximately 13,296 squarshed bugs on the front of the SC. Any recommended car washes on the south side that would let me spend time scrubbing off the bugs? Or alternatively, recommended places that do a hand wash?

Pssssst. Don't tell Keith. There is a coin-op hand car wash on McLeod Trail at around 47th Avenue, on the east side of the road.

Ian, I think that coin wash is out of business.

Thanks Fritz, great catch. Apparently, I don't get out much...

There is another coin wash at approx McLeod Tr and Heritage Dr. If you're coming southbound on McLeod from Glenmore, go through the lights at Heritage, and turn right at Hull Avenue (first traffic lights). Down to the bottom of a short hill, you'll see the wash on the right side.

Heritage Station Coin Car Wash

Address: 8500 Horton Rd SW

Guest ArcticOne

Thanks

Doing many errands on Friday afternoon so should be able to find something. Hopefully it will look more like an SC and not a bug mortuary when I hit Rev Up.

jb

Guest ArcticOne

Awesome P car turnout. Maybe not up to those Italian F-ers but still something to be proud of.

Awesome weather - the red skin on most of my body is proof !!

And an awesome couple of Porsche cakes. Thanks D - they were great.

See you on the highways.

jb