Drive and picnic - Sheep River Falls

Mark

Hi Everyone

Yvette and I were thinking of planning a drive next Sunday, July 24th, to Sheep River Falls (south of Calgary).

A good meeting place would be the South Calgary (Shawnessy) Second Cup. It's not a very long drive but very scenic. We'd stop at the Sheep River Falls Picnic Area for lunch which could be a potluck picnic or an "every man (woman) for him/herself" event.

Let us know if you're interested.

Mark

Very good idea and the 3 porsches from our family will be coming on the picnic. Please give us the time etc. We have our picnic lunch planned. Looking forward the outing.

Walter GT3

Guest ArcticOne
oooh this should be great!!! It's our anniversary that day!!

awwww, too sweet. Somebody should bake them a cake.

Unfortunately it likely will not be me as I am staying close to home this weekend.

jb

Hi Everyone

Just an update on our drive tomorrow.......

We will head out from the Shawnessy Second Cup at about 10am. Our original destination was Sheep River Falls near Turner Valley but Fritz's test drive of the road wasn't promising, a few too many frost humps for our group.

Keeping waterfalls as the destination theme we'll head just a little further south through Longview and up the bottom leg of highway 40 to the Cat Creek recreation (picnic) area where we will have our picnic lunch.

For anyone interested there will be an optional short hike into Cat Creek Falls (the hike is designated "Easy" and is a 2.5 km round trip).

Look forward to seeing you all in the am.

Mark and Yvette

Thanks Yvette (and Mark too) for organizing, I really enjoyed the day.

Interesting how it turned from a "short drive to the falls with optional picnic" into a 9 hour full day trek through the Highwood pass!

I would post some pics but I forgot my camera today.

Thanks for organizing the drive and being slow enough, that the little 912 was be-able to keep up with those GT3 and the hot VW

looking forward to the next trip

Fritz

Guest Faster_Than_Dad

That was a great trip. Stacey and I are looking forward to more :) Good Job Mark and Yvette.

P.S. Mark I took you idea on my username :D

Faster_Than_Dad (Andrew):

Welcome to the forums! That is one cool car. Congratulations on the purchase.

Good event Yvette and Mark!

All the best.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Hi Mark & Yvette Yesterdays event was the best event this year so far, in our books. We had a wonderful time. We were tired when we got home but so glad that we participated. Hope you put on more picnic tours like this last one. Kootos to you both. The hike to the falls was exciting, I slept like a baby when I got home. ha! ha! ha!

Kevin a special thanks to you for looking out for Carole. She really appreciated your instructions on how to hike properly and appreciated your staying with us the full hike. Thanks again.

Walter & Carole

Fritz thank you for your hospitality yesterday. It was great to have a short stop complete with goodies. Loved the run through the golf course that you provided. Hope to see you on the Columbia Ice Fields trip this weekend.

Walter

Awesome trip guys - we all had a blast. Nothing satisfied me more than looking back and seeing both of my kids asleep on each other to the hum of a flat six in the back of my 911 on the way home!

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic