Mystery Tour Date changed to August 6th.

Danielle

I am upset over that change, Linda and I where looking forward to participate and another venue was planed for August 6th.

After last years event, we where wondering how Mary and Erik will top that.

KMR 968 Turbo
I am upset over that change, Linda and I where looking forward to participate and another venue was planed for August 6th.

After last years event, we where wondering how Mary and Erik will top that.

Sorry guys, during planning of this event we were finding that some of the most interesting stops were not going to be open on Sunday. Mary and I think we have a fantastic route planned this year and can't wait to see how everyone does. I will be asking for an RSVP to get a rough head count so that we don't make too many or too few envelopes this year. Planning the route is the fun part - stuffing a ton of envelopes is not. Additionally, we have to buy enough supplies for the run so the better idea of numbers we have the less wasted paper/envelopes we have left over. You are also going to be required to bring some things with you this time, first and foremost is a digital camera or phone that can take pictures. I will have an e-mail sent out asking for an indication of numbers. I promise you will have a blast on the run so hopefully many of you can still make it.

KMR 968 Turbo
A navigator is highly recommended and probably should be mandatory. There are some events that need two people to complete and along the way you have a bunch of questions to answer from things that you see while driving. I wouldn't recommend writing and driving at the same time so you will have to stop a lot if you don't have a navigator.
My wife and I even postponed our BC vacation by one day so we can participate. My wife had so much fun last year, even in the rain we had to plan out holiday around it. Count us in.

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

El Presidente,

How many hours will the event take? We have visitors arriving from Ontario and wouldn't want to miss the event or them.

Cheers,

Ted and Ramona

Guest ArcticOne
Won't be able to make the run north for this event. There's a Medieval Faire in Brooks and its got jousting!! Can't pass up an opportunity to see jousting now.

Wowsers, I couldn't imagine the exhaustive efforts it took to arrange all of this! The stops were really great, I especially enjoyed petting Tara. Good job guys, you keep outdoing yourselves so next year one of our challenges has to be skydiving. :p

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

"Does the big doggie want some grass?"

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

KMR 968 Turbo

Mary and I would like to thank everyone for coming out on the Mystery Tour. Last year everyone finished so much earlier than expected so we loaded up the tour this year to give us time to get the envelopes planted on the last 1/2 of the run. Looks like we were a little overzealous as it ended up being on the long side this year. Hindsight being 20/20 we could have made it shorter but I don't know what spots we would have eliminated - they all seemed to be so much fun. For those that didn't partake here is the list of destinations:

Start at Crowfoot Starbucks

Station 2 Cochrane Ranche Farmers Market

Station 3 Bragg Creek Trading Post

Station 4 Priddis Valley Gardens - with a couple stops in Hawks Landing to find some answers about property taxes and builders.

Station 5 Leighton Art Center - with a stop at WJ Homestead for a 3 hole round of Disc Golf

Station 6 Canadian Rocky Mountain Ranch - Bison and Elk Ranch with a tame Buffalo named Tara.

Station 7 Lithium Autosport - with a stop in Midnapore to drive a remote controlled car blindfolded. Also a game to play at Lithium

Station 8 Country Club Pet Resort - get a bag of dog cookies

Station 9 Rod's N Restos - see a 356 getting metal work. A stop at "The Pit" in Langdon for a Porsche Milkshake and food.

Station 10 Aspen Crossing Mossleigh - with a stop at Fieldstone Winery to sample a wine. Explore the Caboose at Aspen.

Station 11 Blackie - find the 30 ft Cowboy

Station 12 Chinook Meadery Okotoks

Final Destination: Heartland Cafe in Okotoks. A special thanks to club members Doug and Bev Pell, owners of Heartland, for their hospitality and understanding when we were late for our reservation. The food is fantastic and the owners are too.

A special thanks to my friend Frank Garrett for running the remote controlled car challenge where one person was blindfolded and being directed by their partner. He got permission to use the extra lane at Midnapore Lake, designed the course and manned the station for 5 hours. Also thanks to all our prize donors - South Center Fine Cars, Tunerworks, Lithium Autosport, and Melrose Cafe & Bar.

Things we learned on this tour and will change for the next one:

1) Shorten it up to try and stay within the 6 hour time limit

2) Have a lunch stop in the middle of the tour where everyone regroups

3) Implement a stop time where everyone stops the tour and goes to the final destination

4) Try to minimize the gravel for the GT3 guys. ;)

If anyone has other suggestions we will gladly take them into consideration.

Cheers,

Erik & Mary

Edited by KMR 968 Turbo
KMR 968 Turbo

Here are the results of the tour:

First Place: Mr & Mrs Campbell

Second Place: Mr & Mrs Browning

Third Place: Mr & Mrs Lomas

Best time on the remote controlled car challenge was again Mr & Mrs Campbell

For the Lithium Autosport Challenge the prize winners were

First Place: Mr & Mrs Winslow

Second Place/Third Place (Tie): Mr & Mrs Lomas / Walter Slany & Robyn

Fuel Economy Challenge: Mr & Mrs Winslow in their 944 - sometimes having 4 cylinders IS an advantage

I am happy to report there were no divorces on the tour, although I think Ken & Dina were close on the remote controlled car challenge ;)

Edited by KMR 968 Turbo
Guest 996turbo
Very sad that i couldn't make it as i have so many arrands to run on every Saturday and wishes it was a Sunday. Glad to see all who attends has a great time and maybe will make an afford for the next one:(