Pictures and Commentary from the PCA Escape in Flagstaff Arizona

Brodie

Fritz, Linda, Mark and Yevette began there epic journey to Flagstaff Arizona on Friday September 09 and asked me add their photos and updates to the web site.

So here we go:

We made it safe to Butte Montana with no problems at the US boarder. No latex glove treatment and the customs officers where actually human and interested in our cars.

Seen lot's of nice rally cars going north.

The temperature is around 30 degrees. My Cayenne is running great, no over heating and brakes are working great!

These pictures a from our lunch spot and Yvette is washing lunch dishes.

P1040616.jpg

P1040618.jpg

We had a great drive from Butte Montana to Salt Lake City, the ladies had to go shopping the men carried the bags.

Today was a shorter drive, we visited an old fort and had a leisurely picnic till the lawn sprinklers came on and we got soaked .

Than we drove up to Brians head and are staying in a beautiful mountain lodge. We unloaded the cars and went up the mountain. At 10400 ft. the temperature dropped to 2 degrees

Just came back from a soaking hot tub and excellent dinner.

Both cars are performing well. My 912 was a bit sluggish up to 10000 ft.

dscn0052.jpg

dscn0051.jpg

dscn0056.jpg

dscn0057.jpg

P1040618.JPG

dscn0063.jpg

dscn0070.jpg

dscn0064.jpg

dscn0068.jpg

dscn0058.jpg

dscn0069.jpg

yesterday we had the car show and I tell you lot's of nice looking cars. 3 356 my 912 and 3 older 911s. the rest where all modern cars. Porsche had a Panamera, a Cayenne a 911 black addition and a Cayman S for test driving. I signed up and had a great afternoon out on the high way with some brand new cars. We met a few friends from other events and had a great time. Today is our first official drive. Since the groups are quite large, we will meet at the local Walmart parking lot and commence for the drive. We choose to go on the grand Canyon drive. Pictures will be send in tonight and thank to Brodie, he is looking after the down loads onto the forum.

The weather is cool and quite a few rain squalls. That keeps the dust down and the temp in check. It's 6:30 am and time to get ready for the Drive.

Fritz and Linda and hi from Mark and Yvette

Wow - looks like an awesome time!

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Good morning all, it's 6 am and we are slowly getting ready to head towards Calgary.

Yesterday we went with 11 other Cayenne s off roading. We got some instruction from a so called expert and off we went. when we finally hit the dirt road we switch our cars in to offroad mode and we had lots off fun. The car has it's own mind in off road mode. Specially in down hill, the car takes over and makes sure you dont come crushing down. We did not had to touch the brakes at all.

Mark and I off course had to find the biggest puddles and for this effort we got the dirtiest car award.

The rims and the engine hood had the same pink color as the rocks we traveled on. I spend already $10.00 in a coin wash, just to get the major dirt off. Hope we have a rain storm on the way north

On the way out of Sedona we hit some excellent roads with switch backs and a steep climb up to the high desert.

I managed to get one capture from our GPS screen

We loaded up the cars last night, had an excellent Gala evening said good buy to some old and new friends and Escape is now history.

Fritz Linda Mark and Yvette

Good morning It's late today, we slept in. We had a later supper and an excellent evening.

We arrived in Moab Utah and drove up to the Arches National park. We had to stay till sunset and enjoy every nook and granny.

Amazing what nature can do. Our Tour guide (Yvette) done an excellent job in selecting the sights.

Today it's a travel day to get farther north. Reality (work) is calling for some of my trovel partners. I talk to you guys later.

cheers

Fritz Linda Mark and Yvette