Riki Peyerl Memorial Drive Photos

Danielle

48 cars... Yes it looked and sounded as good as you imagine.

It was a great opportunity for our club members to meet new people, the FCA members are just as friendly and outgoing as the PCA and as we all know half the fun of owning these cars is enjoying it with your friends so it was an easy decision to get together for an epic drive. It really was epic, there were so many cars that we literally caused a traffic jam in the meeting place parking lot. The noise of all 48 engines at the same time and the sight of the candy bowl of colors was too beautiful to imagine.

We had a “code yellow” stop and a picnic stop along the way which was a nice chance to mingle and enjoy the 17 degree day.

After leaving the mountains, we continued on to Melrose on 17th ave. The staff had blocked off the entire street for us and as we arrived they removed the “no parking” signs individually so each car could have an optimal spot on the street. I was very impressed with their service and willingness to help us out. Most of us stayed there until the sun started to go down.

Special thanks to the FCA for helping to coordinate the day, with the help from the Vice president Glenn and the president Steven, they moved their original Highwood pass day to coincide with ours to make this possible. Glenn arranged all the reservations and parking arrangements at Melrose for us.

It was a pleasure to work with them and I look forward to many more future co-events.

Morning drivers meeting.

IMG_5188.jpg

Lining up in groups of 12 to start.

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_7008-1.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_7042-1.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

Some lucky helicopter tour customers got a great angle.

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

Hats off to Melrose for holding the street parking for us. They stood outside and moved the "no parking" pylons individually as each car pulled up so we could all park together.

IMG_5260-1.jpg

Edited by Danielle

Thanks for the compliment, Kevin I really appreciate it. I hope you got many great photos for your portfolio.

There was so much work that went into the planning of this drive behind the scenes I'm glad it worked out so well.

Thank-you for a great day. Mitchell and I had a blast - he slept all the way home!

I know how much effort it takes to pull something like this off - well done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2173[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2174[/ATTACH]

Hey Brodie & Danielle, what a great event!! This was a record for the Wild Rose Region for the number of cars on a run. I know first hand how much work goes into planning an event. This was very successful and everyone we spoke with just loved it.

You could not of had better weather and the location was wonderful.

Thank you so much for all your work in the planning for a great day.

Cheers!!

Dina & Ken

Hats off for a great great day guys! It took a little bit of courage to unite two prominent clubs and I thought it was really awesome. So many beautiful cars on the road at the same time is hard to beat.

Here is a quick photo I took with my blackberry when we were staging.

Porsche and Ferrari CLub drive.jpg

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

I finally found time tonight to select a few pics to post of a few cars that came out for this drive and social.

Kevin

KJX_5143_4_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

KJX_5150_1_2_3_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

KJX_5156_57_58_59_60_61_tonemapped.jpg

KJX_5162_3_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

KJX_5197_198_199_200_tonemapped.jpg

KJX_5201_2_3_4_5_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

KJX_5211_2_3_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 3 weeks later...