Winter project questions ignition wires

Guest RJ911SC

Guest RJ911SC

I have a question for anyone, in regards to ignition wires for a 78 911 SC.

looking at upgrading to a non stock wire, (Magnecor or Clewett) anyone used these in the past any recomondations?

thanks in advance

Rob

79 911SC

09 Mini Copper S

10 Kia Soul 4U SX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob

Either wire set you are considering will work in your case. Most modern ignition wire designs provide minimal voltage drop, high temp resistant insulation and good EMI suppression ... all key to good performance while not interfering with radio reception.

Clewett and Magnecor are designed for high performance in extreme conditions.

Be sure to replace your distributor cap & rotor at the same time for maximum improvement.

cheers!

Rick :cool:

Guest RJ911SC

Thanks for the input Rick, i ended up buying the Clewett's 8MM, which i feel are better suited for my needs, i should see them plus all the other parts next week already cleared them through customs, she will be getting a full tune up, plus gaskets, shift bushings, short shift kit, new SS brake lines, spedo has been rebiult, new lighting , euro tail, and front valence, stereo already installed , full alpine / ipod system. She will be ready for the early spring, just trying to find the right SC graphics, which are hard to find, plus i might get the Fuch's re done this winter.

thanks again

Rob

79 911SC

09 Mini Copper S

10 Kia Soul 4U SX