"A Good Quality Life."

Rick

It is with a sense of loss that I write to inform you we recently lost one of our WRR members. :(

On Monday, November 21rst Glen Francis passed away after a brief illness. Glen is survived by his wife Barb and two daughters, Sarah Camille & Katrin Lee.

Glen was a car enthusiast from an early age and loved most everything that went fast his entire life. He made a pact with a friend to one day own a Porsche. He eventually realized that dream and thoroughly enjoyed his Cayman right up until taking ill.

Glen's quiet, thoughtful demeanor defied his love for racing and he saw fit to attend the very first Montreal "F1" as well as the first Molson Indy in Toronto.

Glen had a special affection for Porsche and nicknamed his Cayman "Franz". Barb mentioned to me that she has never driven "Franz" since it joined the family's fleet and ... that she would have to remedy that in the future.

I look forward to seeing Barb enjoy the same magic that "Franz" imparted to Glen.

IMG_1889.jpg

I/we will remember Glen fondly and continue to celebrate the excellence in life through the joy of sharing the same passion for Porsche cars as he did.

sincerely;

Rick Barnes, 2011 V.P. WRR (PCA)

Edited by Rick

Very sad news. A reminder to us all to enjoy every day.

Rest in peace Glen.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

We are sorry to hear about Glen, our condolences to Barb and family. Carol and I enjoyed meeting Glen at a few events and his friendly smile always greeted us. His passion for Porsche was obvious and it was great to chat about cars. We will miss him!

Blair