New Member - Any Cayman R's in Wild Rose Region ??

Vintage911

Vintage911

Greetings,

I've finally gotten around to joining the WRR after having owned various Porsches over the years. My first Porsche was a 1995 Porsche Carrera 2 which I had for 4 years and now sold. I currently have my bastard 911 T/R, a 1970T with a 68S drivetrain that I Vintage raced for 2 years and now Retired that I am in the process of returning to street trim.

I recently pickd up a 2012 Cayman R and am very interested in finding out how many of these cars were delivered to Canada especially in Alberta and Calgaryin particular, so if anyone have or is aware of Cayman R's in Calgary, please post what city yoou're in and the colour of your car. I've contacted Porsche Canada but they would not release this information to me citing it's proprietary information that they do not release to the public.

Hope to hear from some of you and to meet you sometime soon...

Cheers

Edited by Vintage911
Vintage911
Peter, is your Cayman kind of greenish in colour? Were you out in it on Monday?

Shayne.

Shayne,

Yes mine is Green (Peridot - The launch colour) but I was not out on Monday with the R.

CalgaryStig
Hmmm. I did see a Green Cayman that I'm sure was a "R". Had the Porsche letters on the bottom door. Maybe I saw it on Sunday but I'm pretty sure it was Monday in the Mission area. Maybe there is another Cayman R in the city.
Vintage911
Hmmm. I did see a Green Cayman that I'm sure was a "R". Had the Porsche letters on the bottom door. Maybe I saw it on Sunday but I'm pretty sure it was Monday in the Mission area. Maybe there is another Cayman R in the city.

I was in the Mission area on Saturday....

Welcome to the club Peter!

I am a huge fan of the Cayman R (saw one for sale locally a few weeks back that I think was green - thought it was awesome looking). Hoping to see you and your car out at an event real soon.

Jim

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Vintage911
Welcome to the club Peter!

I am a huge fan of the Cayman R (saw one for sale locally a few weeks back that I think was green - thought it was awesome looking). Hoping to see you and your car out at an event real soon.

Jim

Thanks Jim. That was the one I bought...

• 2 weeks later...
Too Bad. I was hoping I had the only Peridot one in town :cool:

There is a peridot one for sale in Calgary. He has dropped the price so it may be a good deal for someone.

Bob

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS