NEW Bilstein (Front) Shock Absorbers

Rick

Hello everyone

I purchased a new set of Bilstein shocks for my 87 3.2 Carrera last year which turned out to be the incorrect type for my car. Rather than go through the bother to ship them back (and incur shipping & restocking charges), I have decided to simply sell them here.

Bilstein1.jpg

These shocks will fit the following Carrera models

PORSCHE

1985 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 3.2L H6

1986 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 3.2L H6

1987 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 3.2L H6

1988 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 3.2L H6

1989 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 3.2L H6

Specifications:

Setting: B6 (HD)

Position: Front

Descriptor: For vehicles equipped with OE Boge (black); From 4/85

Quantity Per Vehicle: 2

Collapsed Length (IN): 17.09

Extended Length (IN): 21.77

Collapsed Length (MM): 434

Extended Length (MM): 553

Lower Mounting: housing

Upper Mounting: pin

Internal Design: Monotube

Finish: Green paint

Boot Included: Green straight

Spring Seat: No

They are brand new and have never been installed on the car. I paid $330.00 for the pair.

Asking $200.00 firm. shipping or pick up at your expense.

Rick

87 911 Coupe (Cassis Red)

95 993 Cabriolet (Guards Red)

Edited by Rick
  • 5 months later...

Hi Dennis

I'm not certain that I actually have a need for the short hood, as I do not know the difference between a short and long version. A picture would help.

However, even if the hood is of no use to me, I am willing to sell the shocks to you for half ($100.00) of what I originally asked for them. I would rather see them put to good use than simply sit in our garage.

Send a picture of the hood (if you have one) and let me know if you wish to purchase the shocks as offered here.

sincerely;

Rick Barnes

87 911 (3.2) Cassis Red Coupe

95 993 Guards Red Cabriolet

Edited by Rick
Hi Dennis

I'm not certain that I actually have a need for the short hood, as I do not know the difference between a short and long version. A picture would help.

However, even if the hood is of no use to me, I am willing to sell the shocks to you for half ($100.00) of what I originally asked for them. I would rather see them put to good use than simply sit in our garage.

Send a picture of the hood (if you have one) and let me know if you wish to purchase the shocks as offered here.

sincerely;

Rick Barnes

87 911 (3.2) Cassis Red Coupe

95 993 Guards Red Cabriolet

Rick, I will definitely take the shocks....if you want to check on the status of my latest build that they will go onto, you can read on Pelican Parts "Fitting 6 speed G50 to '89 Carrera". It is getting made into a long hood (which is '73 and older body style).

Anyway, attached are the pictures of the hood, it is in very good condition, no dents or bodywork, but the paint is chipped and it would need to be refinished. I was going to use it before I decided to do the longhood thing and I am pretty fussy.

Anyway, here are the pics... let me know whether you want the hood, I am OK either way. I am not in a rush so we can make arrangements for pick ups whenever convenient.

Thanks!

Dennis

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

Hi again Dennis

Thanks for posting the pictures and the explanation. Now I understand what you are up to.

I have no need for the hood (Thankfully mine remains straight and unwrinkled as I have not met with any unmovable objects ... lately !!)

Consider the Shocks yours as offered earlier.

Send me a private message (found under the forum tab above when logged in) and we can arrange to connect and exchange the parts & money.

cheers!

Rick :cool:

Edited by Rick