Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012

KevinJ

Jane and I have returned form our summer holidays which included the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

I start by saying the GFOS is the best motoring extravaganza I have ever been to. Too may highlight to go into here, so will write up story for one of our newsletters. To give you and idea of the fun we had...

• Porsche gave me a drive up the course of Thursday in the new Panamera Turbo after seeing the new 918 Spyder. That was cool in its own right. But for the drive, our driver was Richard Attwood! He won the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1970 with a Porsche 917K, along with Hans Herrmann. In a Porsche 917 he finished second in the 1971 24 Hours of Le Mans. Thanks Porsche for the ride!
  • During Wednesday setup we got to talking with the Lotus mechanics. All great guys, many of which have many many years with Lotus and Lotus Classics. They gave us lots of helpful suggestions including hanging around them Saturday after the event closed. As they were going to put on a special run for the Earl of March and his special guests after diner. Lotus race cars doing high speed blasts past the main house and a Lotus F1 car that played God Save the Queen by varying the engine RPM! All while guests sipped champagne on the front lawn!
  • On Sunday, we stayed for the awards ceremony. Someone had told to stay for it if we could as Lord March sometime rewards to fans who stay to the very end. We did and received an invite to the back of the house for Champagne, cake and a concert by the US blues band Kenny Wayne Shepherd. It was a blast as fans, drivers, crews, etc drank and watched the show.
  • So many great cars you start you forget what you saw the previous day. Thankfully you can buy a program showing you all the cars, bikes and trucks in attendance.

• Famous F1 drivers up close - Jackie Stewart, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel etc.

I strongly recommend you add this to yourbucket list!

Kevin

918 Goodwood.jpg

KJX_0675.jpg

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin,

Here's hoping we can convince you to do a dog and pony show at one of our up-coming monthly meetings. I am sure you will bring the house down with some of your stories!

Marc

But only after he types up an article for the newsletter ...

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic