Fuchs (rear) 8Jx16 wheels for Sale.

Rick

Hello everyone

Now that I have installed wider rear wheels on my 87 3.2 Carrera, I am selling the original (authentic) 8Jx16 Fuchs wheels (qty.2) c/w Fuzion Z1 245/45/R16 tires installed.

The wheels are in very good condition with minimal scratches or scuffs.

Ref: part no.# 911361020 45

They were proffessionally refinished prior to being installed on my car. The tires have several seasons on them however have more than sufficient tread for another driving season.

If you are interested in installing wider (factory original) rear wheels on your early 911, 944 or 914 you may want to take a closer look at these.

SOLD

IMG_2531.jpg

SOLD

Wheels c/w tires "as is": $500.00

Contact Rick at: (403) 225-0647 or (403) 613-0661 cell

Edited by Rick

Hi Rob

These wheels will fit under any 911 model from 1979 to 1989. They could be ordered as a factory option if one wanted wider rubber on their car. As a matter of fact 9 inch wide wheels (9Jx16) I purchased from Design911 will fit under the same range of narrow bodied 911's referenced above.

If it is simply the finish you are after, you could have your existing wheels refinished by one of several firms offering the service here in town.

South Centre Porsche's Services Dept. now offer wheel refinishing.

You may also have them done by Alloy Wheel repair here in Calgary.

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/calgary/

I have not used these guys, however I believe Fritz did when he was restoring the Grey 70's 911 he had.

Further to this, if it is just the outer rings you wish to have this sheen, you can polish your existing wheels to the same result as the ones for sale here.

Hope the above is helpful.

Rick :cool:

87 Cassis Red 911 Coupe

95 Guards Red 993 Cabriolet

Edited by Rick
Guest RJ911SC

Rick,

i am interested, my problem is that the fuch's i have now are chrome, so i would have to de chrome, then re finish to what yours look like.

yours seem wider exactly what i am looking for for my rears, i need to find some one who can de chrome wheels in Calgary.

i am off till the the end of the year, and i do want these, i am back on the 28th, hopefully these will still be available, and i will contact you if they are.

thanks again

Rob

Hi Bill

Yes, these wheels are "nice condition & straight". Have had them on my car for 2 years prior to opting for max. width option via aftermarket.

In fairness to Rob, he stated above that he is interested in purchasing them, so I am compelled to honor his request as "first come". If for any reason Rob is no longer interested in purchasing them, I will consider you as next in line.

sincerely;

Rick a.k.a. Barnsey

87 911 Cassis Red Coupe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RJ911SC

Rick,

Sorry for the delay, here is where i am at.

If Billybek is still wanting these excellent wheels, please sell to him. As much as i really want these, your posting of the "9J x 16 rims"

really make much more sence for my build. If he does not want them, then i will re look at your wheels. I do however need to ask a few questions on the 9J x 16 rims you purchased in the UK, did you get 9J x 16 for the front and the back? if for the front how is the turning effected? Any rubbing in the fender wells? did you have to get off sets or did they bolt right on?

Sorry dont normally back out of anything, however i want to make sure i get exactly what i want , and after looking at your posts, your setup is just that.

please let me know

thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply w.r.t. to 8Jx16's I am selling. I will offer these to Bill.

In response to your question, I continue to use 7Jx16's on the front of my 3.2. The tires are Fuzion 205/55/R16's.

It is my understanding that it is possible to fit 8Jx16's on the front of a narrow bodied 911, however you will need to have the fender lips rolled to maximize turning clearance. (You may also have to raise the ride height of your car to N. American spec. in order to accomodate the larger rubber the 8Jx16s will allow.)

note: the offset of the 8j's from the rear of my car are not suitable for front end use.

You should be able to fit 225/50/R16 rubber on suitable offset 8J's. I am relatively certain wider rubber than this will require flared fenders like those installed on a 930 turbo. You should consult with others more versed than I on this point.

Thanks again for getting back to me. Suspect Bill will be pleased!

cheers!

Edited by Rick
Fair enough, thanks.

Hi Bill

From the most recent correspondence above from Rob, I am again in a position to offer you the 8Jx16 wheels if you are still interested.

Please let me know via reply at your convenience and if interested, arrange to exchange goods/money.

cheers!

Edited by Rick
Guest RJ911SC

Rick,

Excellent thank you, i think i will go for the whole set from the vendor you mentioned in the UK, have not decided on the classic Fuch finish, or the RSR Fuch, J9 x16 rear, J8x16 front, and then just keep the orginals J8x16 i have for spares.

What is the finish like? By your pics they look very high quality?

thanks again

Rob

Hi Rob

The finish is very good. Time will tell if they hold up as well as the factory originals!

My only complaint is the original centre caps did not fit properly and had to be modified. Have ordered addition centre caps as the modified ones did not stay in place once I took the car out for a spin. :mad:

Rgds;