Blast Off Party - Saturday February 9th

Danielle

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the complete plan for the blast off:

Food:

A Mexican chef prepared the menu specifically for our function, I asked for the food
NOT to be spicy.
It will be served buffet style. An attendant will be at the buffet serving station. We will also have a busser tending our tables during our dinner.

Menu:

Chips & Salsa during cocktail hour on all the tables.

Freshly Baked Mexican Corn Flat Bread

Caesar salad

Wild Mushroom Enchiladas with cream sauce & rice

Chicken Fajitas with sauteed peppers, cilantro rice & black beans

Beef Fajitas with sauteed peppers cilantro rice & black beans

Santa Rosa Pork Barbacoa a slow roast pork with BBQ sauce

Tres Leches - sponge cake for dessert

Drinks:

A full sized margarita machine is rented, it features 2 flavor bowls serving Margaritas & Pina Coladas. The Pina Coladas will have rum, the Margaritas are alcohol free. This will not you cost extra, it is included with your ticket price. There will also be a cash bar with beer, wine, pop etc.

Entertainment:

A Latin band called Los Majes has been hired. They are playing 2 sets, 1 during cocktail hour that's casual & calm, and a second after the speeches & award presentations that is more lively. There is some space to dance if you want to, or you can simply sit back & enjoy their talent.

They have played in smaller venues many times before and know the proper volume so it won't be too loud. I made sure to address this issue with them.

2 men are performing - 1 with guitar & vocals, the 2nd is a hand drumer (he brings congas, bongoes and flamenco box) who also sings.

There is a Pinata filled with candy for an end-of-the-night surprise, complete with blindfold and decorated pinata bat for fun photo opportunities.

Venue & Decor:

The community hall is very nice, it features a seperate buffet serving area with bar and a large dining hall with exposed beams and fireplace. The whole purpose for renting this smaller place was to offer a small-town feel. It's something different then we've done in the past but the concept is still the same. Fiesta decorations for the ceiling and walls have been purchased to enhance the decor. Table settings have really nice centerpieces too. This function is similar to other blast-offs in quality, only in a more intimate scale and with a Mexican theme.

Silent Auction:

We are having a silent aution table with a few donations already offered. If you would like to donate something, please let me know! Email

Pricing:

The total cost based on 96 people is $54.00 per person. This is why members are charged $50 and non-members are $60.

Cancellation Deadline: January 20th.

Don't know how many more attendees you need to continue with the Blast Off Party, but I was just preparing to purchase two tickects when I saw your cancellation notice. Wayne and Evelyn Dyck