Camp 4S was fun...

johnstoy

Attended Porsche Camp 4S last month. Three days of having way too much fun sliding a selection of brand new Porsches around an ice-covered rally course in Quebec (Mecaglisse - about 90 minutes north of Montreal).

We cycled through two types of the new Carrera (the C2 and the just released C4S) and the new Boxter S. All had PDK which was OK but took a bit of getting used to. The cars are all equipped with Nokkian studded tires.

Two drivers per car so you traded off on a regular basis and we moved through four different track configurations and a skidpad to keep trying new things. The tracks had been flooded for weeks prior to the Camp's arrival so everything was pure ice - covered in fresh snow every night.

The last day they connect all the tracks together for one big course. There are a lot of elevation changes at Mecaglisse which makes it a lot of fun and adds to the challenges.

At Camp4S you spend most of the time with PSM off - I'm told that they make you keep in engaged most of the time in Camp4. I managed to skip the Camp4 prerequisite. PSM off on ice is way too fun. The objective of the sessions is to learn to keep the car sliding at all times - even when going straight. Rally flicks, driving sideways and and brake-induced slides are the objective: anyone can induce a slide on ice in a C2 with the throttle...

The last part of the last day is getting a "hot lap" with the instructors - just to prove we still have a lot to learn. Quite a rush to come up a sharp rise, unload the tires and be going sideways through the trees at 140km/h in a brand new 4S.

Anyway, here are a few pictures. Some pro, some iPhone.

Cheers,

John

Camp 4S 7.JPGCamp4S 1.JPGCamp4S 2.jpgCamp4S 4S Slide1.jpgCamp4S Boxter slide 1.jpgCamp4S C2 Slide1.jpgCamp4S C2 Slide2.jpgCamp4S evening lineup.jpgCamp4S Group.jpg

I'm jealous! :( And it would be handy on the road today!;)

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

John:

We would love you to submit a story with photos for our Ramblin'Rose Newsletter! Could you submit it to me by early April please please please?

Kevin

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

John:

We would love you to submit a story with photos for our Ramblin'Rose Newsletter! Could you submit it to me by early April please please please?

Kevin

hi Kevin,

i'll see what I can do. I am not the most creative when it comes to writing style... Might have to let the pictures tell the story.

Cheers,

John