Free Brake Cooling upgrade

Perci

Okay I lied, it isn't free, just almost free. I ran across the following link

http://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=P&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PKGT3FRS&Category_Code=997gt32brakes

It was described as improving the brake cooling for DE, or other spirited driving, at a low, low cost. ($30USD) Yup, you read that right, thirty dollars. From the above site:

Upgrade to GT3 brake cooling ducts available for street use, they come from the 997 GT3. The GT3 Brake Ducts have been enhanced to improve ventilation and brake cooling. They are approximately the same size as the stock ducts, but have aggressive grooves to focus air more efficiently. No modifications are required. Kit includes LH and RH sides. Your old duct can be easily unclipped, and then the new ducts will clip into place. No bolts or other fasteners are necessary, the A-Arm clips will secure each duct.

Fitment:Boxster 986 (1997-04)

Carrera 996 (1999-04)

Boxster 987 (2005-12)

Cayman 987 (2005-12)

Carrera 997 (2005-12)

Turbo & GT3 (2006-12)

Still with me? Here's the (almost) free part. If you take the part numbers to Derek Rush at Porsche Centre Calgary, he will sell them to you at a secret club price of $6 each (2 required). If that isn't the cheapest functional part on a Porsche, I don't know what is!:eek: All you need is the Genuine Porsche part numbers, but I don't know where you will find them.(997 341 483 92, left, 997 341 484 92, right) :cool:

Tell Derek that Perci sent you!

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

• 1 month later...
Can i still get this deal?

As far as I know it wasn't a special deal. Mispriced perhaps, but not special.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT