Black Rock 2013?

JT997TT

Curious if anyone is planning on making the trek this year?

I am registered and really looking forward to it. Just wondered if I might see some Wild Rose faces out there?

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Jane and I will be there! Fritz is going as well. I think there is one other car going from here but I can not remember who.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Jane and I will be there! Fritz is going as well. I think there is one other car going from here but I can not remember who.

Kevin

Might have been me. Sandra and I'll be there and it looks like I'll get to instruct at the DE again, too.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Hi guys

Elaine & I are going also.

I'll be driving my 87 Coupe out and back. Elaine is flying into Nanaimo and then returing with me ... in the car. (will small wonders ever cease?)

Really looking forward to the drive. Especially going over Hwy. 99 (Whistler to Cache Creek, Kamloops and on East via some interesting route) on the return leg.

Barnsey!

87 Cassis Red 911 Coupe

95 Guards Red 993 Cabriolet

Awesome guys - had a feeling I wouldn't be a complete stranger out there!

I've never really spent much time on the island so really excited for the scenery, people, etc.

I wonder if spring here will have arrived by then??? : - )

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

Jim:

Spring will definitely be there but we're beside the water so bring some warm clothes!

Are you doing the DE event? I went last year and the instructing and the seat time was great. This year we've opted to not do it and do more social time, hiking, sight seeing etc.

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

I wasn't planning on it to be honest. Someone (maybe you) was mentioning a lot of debris and pebbles etc on the tarmac causing some damage and since I haven't been to that part of the world and do enjoy hiking etc I was hoping to spend some time doing that along with some sightseeing. Really looking forward to it.

Jim

Hi Jim:

Yes it was likely me who mentioned all the grit and small pebbles on the track. Received a cracked windshield from it. Last I heard was the event organizers were going to arrange for the runway to be cleaned with a street sweeper before this years event. But I have no confirmation that is actually going to happen.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

I wasn't planning on it to be honest. Someone (maybe you) was mentioning a lot of debris and pebbles etc on the tarmac causing some damage and since I haven't been to that part of the world and do enjoy hiking etc I was hoping to spend some time doing that along with some sightseeing. Really looking forward to it.

Best way to avoid rocks being thrown up is to leave a gap. Unfortunately, last year, cars bunched up due to the mixture of fast and slow drivers. I intend to remind the other instructors of that. Nobody wants contact from anything!!

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

On a slightly more upbeat note, when is everybody going out? Sandra hasn't officially told me, so I'm lobbying for Sunday the 19th. Sandra has family there so we're going early. We'll be heading to Uculet from Victoria Thursday morning.

As of last Sunday, construction season hadn't started, the roads were dry, and Beware of the Potholes!

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Rick and I are leaving Wednesday may 22nd stay over night in Kamloops and will board Thursday 1pm Ferry out of Nainimo.John it is advisable to have reservations on the Ferry. We will meet Dan at his house and than driver to Black Rock.

Weather permitting we will take 5A from Kamloops to Merritt on the way home we will try to go Via Whistler and Pemberton to Kamloops.

If the weather is good I will drive the912 other wise we will tow it over Rodgerspass and unload in Kamloops.

Fritz

I'm going to head out on the 19th and plan to stay a few nights in the Okanagan on the way. May come back the whistler route as well.

Jim

We'll be driving straight through to Victoria on the 22 to spend the evening with friends and then heading to Black Rock on the 23.

Kevin

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5