Saturday May 11th Drive???

JT997TT

Guys, the weather looks outstanding for this weekend (again) and unless I am missing something there is nothing scheduled (official or otherwise).

Would anyone have interest in a mid-day drive? We could meet on the west side of town for staging and perhaps head out to Banff to drive the Minnewanka Lake Loop and back in to Canmore for lunch at the Iron Goat? If we left at say 10:00 am we should be back by 2:00 or so I'd think.

Thoughts?

Other suggestions?

Wait for another Sunny 26 degree day in May? ; - )

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Alright, sounds like there might be a couple people that could make the morning work. How about a 9AM departure and maybe stop for a quick coffee in Canmore?

Calling for 27 degrees and sun now for Saturday!

Chime in if you think you can make it so we have an idea. If we don't get 5 or 6 cars then maybe we'll save for another time.

Edited by JT997TT

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

I have a super twisty road in mind for the start of this.

If we shortened the drive to a brunch in Cochrane would it help attract some others?

I just want to see some awesome quirky cars on a sunny day and have a fun drive!

Jim

I will have an empty seat on Saturday - ugh!

If anyone has a friend or family member who would like to be my passenger, please let me know and I'll cruise by to pick them up Saturday morning.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

We are attending the guitar show/Colin James convert in Cochrane......could meet up either at the start point or Cochrane?

Pls post details......Malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Alright, I am going to say meet at 9:45AM and depart at 10AM for Cochrane. We'll stop at Guy's Cafe and Bakery for a coffee/pastry/breakfast/snack and should be back by noon. Short trip on what looks like a beautiful morning.

Meeting location is the Old Banff Coach Road Petro Can station at 116, 89th St SW. Trust me on the starting location, it allows for some great twisty curves off the start of our journey and obviously has gas or snacks as required. There is a lot of parking in the south end of the lot adjacent to the long line up area for the car wash.

To get there make your way to be travelling westbound on Bow Trail at Sarcee SW. Head up the hill and exit to your right onto Old Banff Coach Road heading north. OBCR will gradually curve and you will end up heading west. Continue on OBCR until you pass 85th St, and shortly after you pass 85th you will see the Petro Can on your left hand side. Also notable and visible is the enormous communications tower located in the field just south of the Petro Can.

Hope to see as many of you as possible!

Jim