1987 Carrera Coupe (Cassis Red)

Rick

Hi there

Have been wrestling for some time with the idea of downsizing the hobby cars in our stable and have come to the decision to sell my 87 Carrera.

Those of you who know me (and the car) know how much time, effort and $$$'s I have put into the car since purchasing it from Ken Macdonald back in June of 2009. Before and after picture follows:

Cassis Carrera before & after.jpg

There are far too many new parts and upgrades to list here, however some of the key ones are outlined below to illustrate the TLC taken in bringing this car closer to its' former glory.

New Brakes (all 4 corners)

New Rotors (all 4 corners)

New Front Struts (upgraded to Bilisteins) c/w turbo tie rods.

Aluminum Strut tower brace.

New Rear shocks (upgraded to Bilisteins) c/w rear swing arm bushings.

New clutch. (installed by South Centre Fine cars)

High End Pioneer/Audison/Hertz audio system. (from Mobile Solutions)

Momo steering wheel. (still have the original as well)

Fabspeed (stainless steel) exhaust system.

Upgraded Fuchs wheels from 930 (7J*16 front & 9J*16 rear)

To date I have spent (including purchase) well North of $45K on the car and I have the receipts to back up this fact.

I am offering it here first to any interested WRR member, before advertising it to the broader market via Auto-Trader, Kijiji and the PCA main site.

If you have ever wanted to own an air cooled 911 from the period where these cars were still 100% hand built, you will likely look long & hard to find one in equal condition for the money I am asking. $32K.

[you may well find a similar vintage car for a lower price, however you will most certainly face a similar or higher cash outlay to bring it to this one's state of road worthiness.]

Feel free to reach out to me by reply to this posting or via "private message" from this site. I will reply to any/all inquiries that come in.

sincerely;

Barnsey!

Edited by Rick
Great pics Rick! Car looks fantastic. Someone should pic this up and keep it in the club!

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Hi Jim

Thanks for the Kudo's re: the cars' condition. I agree that it would be great if the car stays in the club. (that's why I have posted it here first ... and intend to let several weeks elapse before I list it on Auto-Trader, Kijiji and PCA.)

How has your summer been since we saw you @ Blackrock? Any more vacation trips planned?

Barnsey!

Rick,

Sorry to hear that you're selling this car, it will be a keeper for the next owner, I'm sure. But you no doubt have something in mind to fill the vacancy in your garage... I'm guessing something with 'veloce' in the name, but whatever it is, with your taste, I know it'll be something to look forward to seeing ( and hearing)!

Good luck with the sale. It should probably take only 2 minutes of drive time for the next owner to know that destiny has called, and this is their next car. Pictures only hint at the experience (and it is beautiful). Slipping into its factory sport seat, and with one of the nicest sounding 911 soundtracks I've heard playing in their ears, they'll no doubt be bitten. And hard. Makes me wish I was in the market.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian

Just back from two weeks at Kootenay lake and catching up on email, outstanding work demands, etc., etc..

Thanks for the comments re: my Cassis Hot Rod. May yet regret offering it up for sale, however as you elude in your message ... I am not departing the world of car lovers ... simply looking for a "new fling".

Will share more of my thoughts on that topic during our Leguna Seca - Monterray.

Hope all is well with you. 4 more sleeps.

cheers!

Barnsey.

Edited by Rick

Hi Greg

Too early to say just now. Rest assured it will be another "P car".

Need to make room in the garage before firming up my choice.

Will happily share the outcome when it becomes reality.

cheers!

Barnsey!

Hi again

Just a quick update to advise that I will be listing my 87 on Kijiji & Craig's list this weekend.

After being posted on the WRR site for a month, it is apparent that no one within the club is interested in the car. Will do my best to entice any potential buyer/s from the above listings to consider joining our ranks ... should they buy the car.

cheers!

Barnsey!