* UPDATE: Polar Region Jaunt to Montana August 31st long weekend *

JT997TT

Wanted to post this in case others were considering all or a part of this event. It has been posted on our WRR Calendar for some time and I was kind of earmarking it to participate once I knew my schedule a bit better. To be honest I didn't know it was a Polar Region function until re-looking it up again last week. Everything says "more information to follow" and "TBA", so I emailed them looking for more info and this was the response I received back:

"Hi Jim, Thank you for your inquiry regarding the waterton jaunt, however the registration deadline has been past several weeks ago and is totally sold out. It's a 3 day event from edmonton, via strathmore to waterton, than glacier park to flathead lake back via east glacier and calgary to edmonton.

Sorry to hear this was not communicated properly to the wild rose membership in a timely manner. I had informed them of this early in the spring of this year, but never heard anything anymore. !!

Should we contact somebody specific regarding any future tours?

Have a great week"

A little disappointing but thought I would pass along in case anyone else was eyeing this up. Maybe post here if you think you might be interested in a similar run into Montana that weekend. Sounds like they have a great turnout with many cars obviously, so perhaps they would let us join up for part of the driving portion and we could find our own accomodation. Just a thought ...

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Alright, as an update to my update, they had a cancellation they offered to me and I took it. So I will be meeting the group in Strathmore on Saturday Aug 31st to head out for the weekend.

I'm happy to help anyone else that might be interested in joining for the drive (at least 20 Pcars so far) or a portion of the weekend. Ivor from the Polar region has been very helpful and initially indicated that as long as I found my own accomodation he could likely accomodate more people for the meals etc (within reason).

Rough itinerary seems to be:

Aug 31st noonish - Lunch in Strathmore and head out for Waterton National Park. There is a group dinner organized. Overnight at the Prince of Whales Hotel (I have checked and there is at least some availability at the Bayshore Inn in Waterton as well for anyone interested in joining the trip).

Sept 1st - heading down across the border into Montana and through Glacier National Park. Lunch in Big Fork, Montana. Banquet dinner at Glacier Lodge where we also stay the night.

Sept 2nd - Homeward bound (and we have a shorter drive than the rest of the pack : - ). I personally would like to be back for the Labour Day Classic Stampeders Game at McMahon (3:00 start).

Should be a lot of fun with a wide variety of cars through some beautiful scenery.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic