Shots from Trip to Denver and Back

Guest dconnon

Guest dconnon
I also took the trip from Eureka to Libby Dam. No Photos, as had to hang on tight. Thanks to whom ever gave me the hint on that route. It was fabulous. I highly recommend the trip both down from Eureka and back up from the Dam. Not much traffic and lots of curves to carve. The unique thing was the number of 180 degree turns.

Yellowstone Park South Entranceyellowstone sign.jpgJackson Lake - Grand Tetonsjackson lake - GrandTetons.jpgGrand TetonsGrandTetons.jpgGreen River UtahGreen River Utah.jpg Edited by dconnon
Guest dconnon
I think it was about 4000 km driven over 4 days. Worst driving parts - traffic jam on I-15 going north through Salt Lake City and completely ripped up road for 10 miles just south of Jackson Hole on hwy 191, best driving parts - there is a stretch of curves on highway I-15 as you approach Helena from the north that were great fun - no traffic and high speed, there is this hanging highway (literally the 2 west bound lanes seem to be hung off the side of a mountain with the eastbound lanes underneath) on I-70 a ways west of Vail that was absolutely wild - the traffic nicely let me through to the front and allowed me to play, then the trip from Eureka to Libby Dam and back, again almost no traffic. Really a terrific vacation.

Hi Danielle:

Are you planning on doing any camping along the way? Yellowstone is great been there a few times. Go after the May long weekend, as some of the roads in Yellowstone are closed due to snow till then, but don't what till too late in June because by mid June the tourists and their 10 MPH cars are everywhere in Yellowstone.

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

I was thinking of hotelling it in the park for 3 nights. We would go in early-mid June, before the crowds are out for sure. I just came up with the idea a few days ago after I watched this show about the "million dollar highway" in Colorado, I wanted to go there but then Google maps told me it's a 20 hour drive.. that's just a tad too far! Doug's 4000km in 4 days is the max car time, I think that would be the limit between having fun and suffering a sore ass!

On a side note, we should add the Eureka drive to the next year's Run through the Rockies roster. I'm inspired. I don't think Rick would oppose either!

Edited by Danielle
Guest dconnon
I stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge in the Grand Tetons. It was very nice. It is outside Yellowstone so there is basically a 1/2 hr drive everyday into the South central portion of the park (basically Old Faithful). I think the views are much nicer there and its highly relaxing. My experience in the park is that it is more crowded and clumped together. So a bit of a trade off.