car keyed in Nelson, BC

kellym

On the July long weekend this year I took the family to Nelson, BC. The drive north of Creston, BC along Kootenay Lake to the ferry and then down to Nelson is one of the best drives in Canada, in my view anyway. I couldn't wait to go, and took my wife and daughter with me in the 911. We really enjoyed the drive and it was as good or better than I remembered it.

Unfortunately my car was keyed on the very first night in Nelson. I had parked nicely right in front of our hotel but woke up to find a long scratch on the passenger-side door panel and passenger mirror housing. It was disheartening to say the least. There were way too many drunk idiots walking around yelling outside at 3am and we sure won't go back anytime soon.

Just a heads up for any PCA people heading that direction to enjoy the drive... think twice about Nelson.

Here's a pic:

3.jpg

Any thoughts on what body shop should I take it to here in Calgary? Cosmos?

05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB

Nelson has a small motel on top of the hill and the parking is in the court yard. Never had a problem up there. Downtow is always a problem.

Bring your car to Cosmos. He just done my 912 and it is a perfect job. See Loc and tell him you are with WRR and he will look after you.

Fritz

Hello Kelly

I don't believe we have met yet, however I can certainly sympathize with you in this cirrcumstance.

Malicious acts like this serve no purpose other than to illustrate the small mindedness of some people and their utter lack of respect for other peoples hard work & pride of ownership.

Don't let this shameful act shape your opinon of Nelson or any other small town. The interior of B.C. and its winding, scenic roads are indeed a gift for us to enjoy.

I look forward to meeting you and your coveted 911 at an upcoming WRR event.

sincerely;

Barnsey

87 Cassis Red 911 Coupe

95 Guards Red 993 Cabriolet

Edited by Rick