Club meeting

mygt3walt

Good Morning Eric: I am interested in getting a copy of the club's constitution and would like to get a copy of it from you. Please make it available to myself as well as all club members. Just let me know where I can obtain a copy of the constitution. Thanks Eric. Walter
KMR 968 Turbo

Hi Walter,

The club has bylaws but not a constitution. Is that what you are referring to? If you come to the meeting on Wednesday I can bring a copy.

Erik

The bylaws are pretty generic, and were written for the club's status as a society in Alberta. I was involved with the writing of them, many years ago, so if there is anything specific you're looking for, Walter, maybe I can help.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Hi Eric I am sorry I wasn't able to make the last meeting due to my business commitments but I have read the reply from Brody that the by-laws are posted on the site so I have been able to read them and presently have no questions concerning the by-laws and hopefully will be able to make the next meeting. Thanks again. Walter
I read the minutes from the last meeting but noticed there wasn't any mention of nominees for the up coming new year. By the way when will the election take place. If there was nominees then I would like to know who is running and for which positions. Walter

The nominees are in the the Nov 5 meeting minutes. Election is during the Dec meeting. Notice of election is also in the Fall Newsletter which should be received this week in your mailbox. An electronic copy of the Newsletter was posted early last week on the club web site.

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Kevin

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Thanks Kevin for the info. We haven't seen the fall newsletter yet but did go back to the minutes and noticed at the end of them the nominations of the people running for the executive. The club has one problem, as everyone is in by acclamation the presidents position is for 2 terms only according to the by-laws of the club. It would be nice to have other members run for all positions as it would make it more interesting as well as get fresh blood into the club. Walter
Thanks Kevin for the info. We haven't seen the fall newsletter yet but did go back to the minutes and noticed at the end of them the nominations of the people running for the executive. The club has one problem, as everyone is in by acclamation the presidents position is for 2 terms only according to the by-laws of the club. It would be nice to have other members run for all positions as it would make it more interesting as well as get fresh blood into the club. Walter

Walter, there was another link below the bylaws, "Certified Special Resolution " that amended the bylaws to 5 years. For what it's worth, the bylaws, as originally written, were intended to do what you suggest. Somewhere along the lines the club changed it's mind.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

KMR 968 Turbo
What the club found was that 2 year term limits were not practical. In your first year on the executive you are basically learning the ropes. In your second year you have a decent grasp of how things should operate at which time under the old term limit the executive member would be forced to quit. What the club decided in the special resolution was that increasing the term limit to 5 years would allow for a stable executive and some time to transition to a new team.

I would encourage anyone else who is thinking of running to put their hand up! Lots of consumers but not too many manufacturers at the moment. (Sorry for being blunt!)

I would agree "fresh blood" is good, if no one puts their hand up then it an acclamation.

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5