Scissor lift group buy

Perci

I've always wanted a hoist in my garage to work on my car, but it doesn't have the height for one. I'd heard of various smaller lifts, but none of them seemed to work in my mind. Well, I found one. http://www.ezcarlift.com Not cheap, but seems to have a good reputation. It lifts the car up to 26 inches, which it plenty for changing wheels, brakes, or oil. I've priced one out, but in the course of my discussion with them, I asked if they would consider a group buy. They said yes, but it is on 6+ units.

Would anybody else be interested? They are about $2200, quantity one.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

• 4 months later...

If the scissor lift didn't work out theres a short 2 post lift by Majax available through Costco for ~$2k

http://www.costco.ca/Dannmar-MaxJax%e2%84%a2-2-post-Portable-Auto-Lift.product.10344259.html

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Hi Perci,

I know this thread is a bit old, but did anything come of this?

No, it ended up with just 2 being interested, so I gave up on the group buy. I did however buy one of the lifts, and I'm quite pleased with it, having used it to change oil on the Cayman. Brakes are next.

It wasn't the least expensive thing out there, but weighs less than 75kg and comes apart removing 8 bolts. Which is more my idea of 'portable', than the Maxjax Malcolm mentions.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

hi Perci.......I have the same garage constraints as you with limited height and the Majax option works well.

I leave one leg in the anchor points and the other is removed once the car project is complete and we need the other side of the space to park another vehicle. The lift gives full access to everything under the car from regular maintenance to major projects.

While this option is not perfect it does function well until such time I downsize the house and build a larger MAN cave :)

cheers.......Malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)