Aftermarket rims

Rob996

I am looking to get new rims for my '86 928s but finding rims with a 5 x 130 bolt pattern is no easy task. Has anyone found a good place to go? I don't want to get into customer made rims that are worth moth that the car.

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

Hello Rob .. and Perci

As a huge fan of cars that are unique in their rarity and/or owners interpretation of their ultimate form ... I think Perci might be onto something here. I have long been a fan of this style wheel and believe they were known as "mini-lites" in one iteration.

It might be worth the time to doctor up a picture in Photoshop to see what this combination actually looks like?

Suspect the bigger challenge would be in finding the appropriate widths & offsets to tune the cars appearance and maintain the chassis geometry.

cheers!

Barnsey!

Edited by Rick

Rob,

I'm with you Rob - I see what these guys drop on a set of HREs and think "that cost more than my car!". Talk to Ken at Concept-1 - as a fellow Porsche owner, I'm sure he can help out. I know they have some Victor Equipment wheels. They on;y have one style currently listed on the website, but I'm sure he can get others

http://store.concept1.ca/store/category/28/53/H20-Wheels/5on130-Pattern/

http://store.concept1.ca/store/

http://www.victorequipmentwheels.com/

Rob.....the biggest issue with finding wheels for a 928 is the offsets they have.

Carrera III rims are what I have on my GTS and I just bought a 2nd set for optional 11" rears :)

The first set are for sale......send me a PM or call if interested.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Thanks to Malcolm my 928S looks like a new car. Here is a before and after pic. Now I need the snow to go away.

IMG_00000835.jpg

IMG_00000851.jpg

Rob Campbell

Good morning Rob

Wow ... Those wheels look very cool on your car. The aggressive "Shark" appearance is emphasized for sure. Nice enhancement.

The only down side to making improvements like this (in the winter) is as you state ... having to muster the patience for the arrival of spring! :mad:

Barnsey! :cool:

I have a set of Winter Ipikes that are going on my stock rims. I plan on taking the 928S to Ghost Lake if they do the winter driving shcool again.

Rob Campbell

Glad they worked out for your car Rob......looks fantastic :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

• 2 weeks later...
KMR 968 Turbo
I have a set of Winter Ipikes that are going on my stock rims. I plan on taking the 928S to Ghost Lake if they do the winter driving shcool again.

Better get them ready then as we are working on the winter school again. Details to be announced once we get things nailed down.