Parade 2014, June 15 - 21, 2014

KevinJ

I decide a few days ago to go to Parade in Monterey, California!

Lots of reasons... mains ones being the location and track. There are bound to be some great tours as the roads there only made up of various curvatures. Laguna Seca Raceway is there (my favourite US track) and there will be a 2 day HPDE event on the Saturday and Sunday!

I'm mentioning this early on the forum as I'm hoping to generate interest with expectations we will have a good contingent of members going to this one. It will also be my first parade and so I want to get any advice I can to maximize my enjoyment while there.

Speaking with a friend in the Vancouver Island Region, they have number of cars planning of driving down as well. So please consider adding this to you summer plans.

Don't worry about weather. Being right on the coast it can be a little foggy and cool early in the morning but once the sun is up the breeze comes in and its sunny California with ocean breezes keeping it comfortable!

Registration starts Tuesday March 11. http://parade2014.pca.org/

See you at Parade!

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Kevin, that sounds like a lot of fun! Please take a lot of pictures, I can't make it but would love to be virtually there! The drive down will be awesome and when you get there you'll see more cool cars than you've even seen in your life. I am jealous!
05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB
  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin

Monterey Parade is too good to miss. I will go if I can re-arrange my work schedule and get house/dog sitter lined up. I will get back to you. I expect it will fill up quickly.

Bill McF