Waterton Getaway August 8 & 9, 2014

CalgaryStig

Weekend trip to Waterton Lakes National Park on August 8 and 9 this year. This will be an "unofficial" drive as one vehicle in attendance (my daughter's) will not be a Porsche. We have spent the weekend in the park before and it is a great time.

IMG_0821.jpg

Details:

The Waterton Lakes Resort (http://watertonlakeslodge.com/home.htm) will block off rooms and hold them until May. Rate is $197 (usual rate is $219) for a room with two queen beds and AC. The Aspen Village (same owners) across the street is less expensive but no AC. I have seen both places and they are nice and newly remodelled. The room block can only be at one of the lodges though so a consensus would need to be made. Waterton can be hot in the summer time so AC might be mandatory.

lodge.jpg

Planned activities can include a group hike up the Bear's Hump (short but steep with great views), boat cruise into the United States, and my favourite, a twisty drive some 16 km to Cameron lake for hiking/walking or canoe rental.

IMG_0483.jpg

There are restaurants, small shops, tennis courts, and a pool to enjoy as well. Lots of scenery in the townsite to enjoy including a waterfall.

Waterton is a wonderful place and a great drive in your Porsche. Roughly 280 km from the north end of Calgary. Friday would be a straight drive down Hwy 2 through Cardston. A return trip on Sunday could be through Pincher Creek and then west to Hwy 22 back to Calgary.

All are welcome in joining us! If you are interested let me know.

Shayne.