TPMS sensors

Perci

If you have a Porsche with the Tire Pressure Monitor System and the car hasn't had it's sensors replaced in 5+ years, you might want to think about what you will do when one or more of the have their battery expire. The dealer parts will run you about $200 each plus installation labour.:eek:

There are alternative suppliers for compatible sensors at significantly less money, but unless you have a tire shop in your garage, you will need somebody to install them. And there is always black tape to cover the warning light.:cool:

I just replaced the last of the original sensors in my car.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Timely post. Both of my driver's side sensors are not registering and Dealer mentioned it is probably because the batteries are done at 5+ years. To me that sounded like a pretty cheap fix, but maybe not!

Thanks

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

You should start your research here http://www.titantpms.com/tpms/porsche-tire-pressure-sensors This is where I got mine.

Additional info in this Thread at the Cayman Registry http://caymanregister.org/showthread.php?t=28948

Kevin tells me that the next newsletter will have my article about my battles with TPMS. In mailboxes soon, and online shortly thereafter.

Edited by Perci
ref. newsltr

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Keith Adams

I'm sure it's preaching to the choir, but TPMS has got to be the biggest pain in the ass system ever installed on automobiles in the past 20 years.

I'm on the "black tape to cover the warning light" program.