Long weekend therapy.

Rick

Happy May long weekend!

I took advantage of yesterday's unexpected good weather to prepare our 993 Cabriolet for the driving season.

Must admit I had forgotten how well designed that series of 911's is. Everything is accessible from underneath the car to perform an oil change. (this sounds obvious, however earlier 911 designs require equal amounts of time both above & below the car) The 993 is an excellent example of packaging efficiency as well.

Once the oil change was complete, I spent some time cleaning up the inside of both distributor caps (dual plug cylinder head engine) removing carbon buildup from the base of the plug wire towers and the rotor cap blade. All else was in good condition and in no need of replacement.

The car now starts immediately (as expected) and idles smoothly. Oh yah, it also pulls harder much earlier in its rpm range than before those few tweeks.

image.jpg

Now, all that is needed is a nice sunny day to drop the top and enjoy the sights & sounds of a summer drive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon on an upcoming WRR driving event.

Cheers!

Barnsey. :cool:

Edited by Rick
Nostrathomas
What a beautiful 993... hopefully you took it out before it started raining.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)