Where do you keep your car in the winter?

Nostrathomas

Nostrathomas

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a desire to own more cars than their garage space allows.

I'm only in phase 1 of the 3 Porsche plan (yes, I have a plan) but in reality only have a 2-car garage...and I'm not sure kicking my wife's car to the street would go over well...especially in February. While I first toyed with the idea of just keeping one on the street at all times, I'm not sure I will have the stomach to keep it outside during the winter and hail season. And my garage doesn't seem to be tall enough for a lift.

I'm curious what other people's strategies are in this regard? Do you park on the street? Do you rent garage space on kijiji? Are there any places in town to store your cars for the long-term that you can access at will?

Maybe PCA Wildrose needs to buy a warehouse for everyone to rent space in!

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

I rent indoor space close to home for the 2 Porsches we have the can park the winter daily drivers I the attached garage for our long winters.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

My in-laws live in High River but go to Arizona for the winter, so I park the Boxster there for the winter (and get it out before flood season!).
One place you could try is the Mulsanne Motorcar Company Ltd. the owner, Martyn Izod, has been a family friend of ours for many years. He specializes in car restoration and he used to store cars for the winter as we'll. His # is 403-684-3731 in Blackie at 106 Stuart st, Blackie, AB. mulsanne-motorcar.com

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

Hello everyone ...

I have been giving serious thought to purchasing a storage property here in Calgary. The size of the facilities I am considering would be able to accommodate between 6 to 10 cars. More if I invest in several storage lifts.

I would consider renting the extra spaces to fellow WRR members first ... and any available space thereafter to other marque club members. I envision having sufficient space to allow several tenants able to access/work on their vehicles during the storage season.

I would be very appreciative to understand just how many WRR members would consider renting a heated space for their 1rst, 2nd, or ?? car/s.

Feel free to reach out to me via reply to this note ... or via private message if you wish to maintain a low profile on the topic.

sincerely;

Barnsey :cool:

Edited by Rick
PM response with interest...........Malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Nostrathomas

I'd definitely be interested in sharing/renting a space, Rick. Would love to know more if things get serious.

Thanks for the recommendation on the space, Rob.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Keith Adams
I am fortunate that I am able to stor my Porsche at my mother's house for now. However, it gets packed away, so working on it isn't really an option, and it' unheated. A spot for storage, where a little maintenance work can carry on over the winter would be great. But of course, the home office CFO has to approve it, so cost is always a factor.

I have rented a garage from Kijiji, and then went to renting in the massive sports car place down south of the city. That cost around $950 for a year's lease which wasn't cheap, but they are beautiful very new, sealed, temp controlled facilities with good security. It's actually quite the site to see as he keeps several hundred cars down there on two levels with hoists.

Anyway, interested, and PM sent Rick.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

• 4 months later...

Hey Rick - did anything ever come of this? Anyone else have a good lead or some extra safe secure room to store a Pcar or two?

Thanks

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

A co-worker has a couple of spots available in his hangar. Let him know I sent you.

[TABLE=class: ms-formtable]

[TR]

[TD=class: ms-formlabel][/TD]

[TD=class: ms-formbody] Greg

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: ms-formlabel]Phone Number

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-formbody, width: 350] 403-920-7327

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: ms-formlabel]Location

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-formbody, width: 350] Springbank

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: ms-formlabel, width: 10]Description

[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-formbody, width: 350]Description

​Description

Do you need a place to store your car, bike, or aircraft for the winter?

Shared space available for storage in a secure, heated hangar located at Springbank Airport.

Cars: $125/mo

Motorcycles: $70/mo

Aircraft: starting at $475/mo

Winter/Summer Tires: $20/mo (set of 4)

Measures 44 feet wide, 33.5 feet deep = 1474 square feet Door: 40.5 feet wide, 9 feet high

Inside ceiling height is nominally 12 feet

Interior: Radiant Gas Heat, new epoxy floor with, stipple ceiling, white walls, good flourescent lighting.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi Jim

Long time no talk to.

I/we are still looking for a suitable space to purchase, however I relaxed our search as we still have access to sufficient storage space for this winter. That all changes next spring when we loose one garage bay.

Will update with a post when we secure something for 6 to 10 vehicles.

Barnsey! :cool: