I've joined the TT club!!!

Alex

She arrives later this week from Vancouver!

2007 997TT.....looking forward to it! The C4S is headed back to where she came from.

Cheers!

Alex

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

Alex

1980 911SC Targa "turbo" - Light Blue Metallic

2007 997TT Coupe - black/black and black - now wrapped Gloss Red Metallic

Good evening Alex

Nice score. I love the color combo and carbon fibre trim bits. Look forward to seeing it first hand when you bring her back to Calgary.

Congratulations.

Barnsey! :cool:

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to join all of you at next Wednesday's meeting in Priddis.

One question.....I'm not real crazy about the black wheels. I mean I like the mesh pattern BBS, I believe...correct me if I'm wrong..but I prefer the silver/alloy look. Where can I get these refinished and about how much would that be?

Cheers!

Alex

Alex

THAT is the nicest car I have ever see --- wait a minute ...

Haha, obviously I'm a little biased, but really great choice.

Someone obviously loved this car and made a bunch of nice little upgrades and improvements by the looks of things. I really like the GT3 vent they added to the front bumper just below the hood. The red tail lights look great. Do you know if there have been any engine modifications? What brand of wheels are those?

Like Rick above, can't wait to see it in person.

Congrats,

Jim

P.S. nice post at "9:11AM" above - tricky

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Thanks Jim! I've bought the car sight unseen, so a bit of a risk...however, Auto One in Vancouver is taking my C4S in trade sight unseen as well. Actually, I did the same when I bought the C4S back in 2009. Blue Star Motors, also in Vancouver, took my 2001 Jaguar XJR in trade towards the C4S....I have been very happy with it but....time for something different!

As far as modifications are concerned, it has the Fabspeed exhaust, and some "minor" engine chip reprogramming performed by Blitzkrieg Motorsport in Vancouver (trying to find out through the dealer what exactly that entailed). The wheels I believe are BBS. From looking at close up pics, there is some "road rash" and some scuffs which I'll have to deal with.

Delivery is expected to take place Saturday am....fingers crossed!

Alex

Alex

Awesome - sounds like previous owner did just the right things to it. It will be a beast and you will really enjoy it.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

Just curious Jim, how many km's on yours? This one has 91,000....whereas my C4S only has 42500.....less than half. Any additional things I should know with regards to maintenance on these beasts other than the usual?

I've heard many great reviews on the dry sump Mezger engines that the Turbos have. I'm really happy not to be dealing with any potential IMS issues any more.

Alex

Alex

Mine has 47 000 kms. One thing to note is the spark plugs should be changed on a much more regular interval than recommended when the car has been chipped. I think dealer says every 4 years, but most tuners would recommend every 2 years with the added boost etc. I changed mine a couple years ago and it seemed to make a night and day difference instantly - same thing for a friend of mine with a slightly modified TT. Not cheap, but necessary.

The Mezgers are supposed to be bullet proof and much sought after. Even the subject of more than a few debates on the forums as to their desirability now and in the future compared to newer non-mezger models.

Let me know if you want me to PM you a list of things that appear to be upgraded or changed from stock on the car (I had a look at all the photos : - )

Jim

Sure! By all means please send me the list: agwilson_iphone (at) yahoo.com

Alex

Alex

Well she did arrive safe and sound on Saturday morning!

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

I was quite impressed with the detailing! They did a pretty good job on the road rash and odd scuff marks that were present on the pics they showed me. AND THE POWER!....WHOAH! I have yet to push that sports mode button....might be a little too much for me but....I'll soon get used to it!

Well hello Mezger and good bye IMS!

See you guys on Wednesday at Priddis!

Alex

Alex

It looked great in person on Sunday Alex. Time to change your signature on the forum!

Jim