Looking after Porsche enthusiasts!

Rick

Hi everyone

I would like to share a story of exceptional service with you.

I recently took advantage of the surplus inventory sale that Derek Rush of South Centre Porsche organized. I chose to purchase a new set of rear tires 295/30's PS2s for my 2004 GT3. There is a rumour that these cars (gt3's & turbo's) are exceptionally hard on rear tires.

I saved a considerable amount of money doing this and suspect allowed Derek to make room for yet more inventory.

That was a good deal, however not the exceptional service I wish to share here.

Once I had the new rubber at home, I chose to make a close inspection of the tires on both the GT3 and 993 I have the privilege to call ours. Much to my surprise, the rear tires on our 993 were completely worn out. Yikes, (apparently regular Carrera's can be hard on rear tires too! :()

This normally wouldn't pose a problem, however Elaine & I were planning to take the 993 to Vernon for the Canada Day long weekend to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary and Elaine's retirement.

I called Derek and inquired on his remaining tire inventory for a suitable set of rear tires and available shop time to install & balance the new tires. Derek advised that the shop was over booked and down two technicians and couldn't fit us in for two weeks. When I explained our situation, (leaving in 4 days for said celebrations) he promptly said ... let me see if we might be able to make something work.

Derek came back to me with a suitable approach and I arranged to bring the wheels only into their shop the next morning with a promise the tires would be mounted and ready by the weekend.

Imagine my surprise when I received a call later that day to advise .. "the tires were mounted & balanced and ready to be picked up."

I picked up the wheels the next day and had them back on the car that evening. Problem solved and celebration plans salvaged.

Thank you VERY MUCH to Derek, Ben and Shane of South Centre Porsche for making the extra effort to ensure we could take advantage of our short summer driving season and enjoy our cabriolet for the celebratory drive into the interior of BC ... safely.

Cheers .. and Happy Canada Day 2014 to everyone reading this.

Barnsey! :cool:

Edited by Rick

Thanks for sharing Rick and congrats!

Danielle and I have had similar experiences with South Centre Porsche and their dedication to excellent customer service.

Rick,

Congrats on 25 years and I hope you and Elaine had a great time in the Okanagan! Although I have yet to use the service department at Porsche Centre Calgary, I can certainly echo your praise for Derek. He has provided me with outstanding parts service for my car and the club discount doesn't hurt either!

Marc

'88 Carrera Coupe

I managed to lose the special lug nut remover for the wheel lock nuts on the GTS. While talking with the service folks at the dealership Derek walks past, over hears the conversation, goes in the back and returns with a box full of the special removers ( 30 or so) then in the dealership parking lot helps find the correct one and lets me borrow it.

I removed the locking nut from each wheel and replaced with standard Porsche lug nuts then gave the no longer required lock nuts to Derek as token of appreciation.

He certainly understands customer service :)

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

• 1 month later...
The parts dept may be good, but the service work isn't always that great. Taking the car for a simple oil change resulted in a returned vehicle that now has the driver's side door, door speaker, and door sills all kicked up. Not just dirt, but scuffed. Once might be manageable, but this is the third time this has happened...
The parts dept may be good, but the service work isn't always that great. Taking the car for a simple oil change resulted in a returned vehicle that now has the driver's side door, door speaker, and door sills all kicked up. Not just dirt, but scuffed. Once might be manageable, but this is the third time this has happened...

Very surprized to hear this. Have you taken this up with the service dept.? If so, what was their response?

Barnsey! :cool:

nkp997 2 - I would definitely go in with the car and talk with them about it. I have found their service and attitude to their customers has been much better than when I started with them 5 years ago and continues to improve. I once had a bunch of overspray on the interior of the car from them doing a quick cleaning of the car before returning it to me me from a service. I pointed it out and the service rep went and got a tech to come out and clean it all off and then offered to have my car washed the next time I was in the area.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5