BC changes speed limits

Perci

Nope...UP not down. As of July 2, the rural TCH in the lower mainland has gone to 110 from 100, and the Coquihalla from 110 to 120. Doesn't mean the traffic moves any faster since traffic was at those speeds anyway, but it is a step in the right direction. I expect an enforcement blitz of zero tolerance to maintain the revenue from tickets. The Coq should have gone to 130 in keeping with the trends in Idaho, Utah and Texas. Tell your MLA.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

• 1 month later...

97C connector from Merritt to the Okanagan has also gone to 120kph. Probably faster now through Merritt then going through Vernon/Kelowna if you're heading to Penticton.

Unlike the Coq, the Connector is probably about right at 120 for a few of the curves. :cool:

Surprisingly, I haven't noted any change in enforcement.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

I was the most excited to see they are to begin enforcing the "slower traffic keep right" signs as well as the speed limit signs. It remains to be seen how this will be done, & how it will work.

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2014/06/18/british-columbia-the-left-lane-is-for-passing/

side note: most of the comments have been cleared on the article. When it first appeared 90% of the comments had me in a rage. Many people seem to think it's their right to set the speed on the highway, or to control speed by lumbering along in the 'passing' lane with their cruise control set.

Edited by milhouse
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like most of the TCH in BC has now moved to 100 from 90. It's still 90 in the National Parks (Banff, Yoho, Glacier, Mt Revelstoke), which is probably a Federal Mr. Ranger problem.

If anybody knows the Minister of Transportation, Wayne Drysdale, ask him when Alberta will catch up??

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT