The ongoing dilemma

Rick

Sept 7th

I always wrestle with the temptation to personalize my vehicles. Do I celebrate the car by honouring the appearance it received at the factory ... or do I exercise creative licence and have the car reflect my vision of what is appealing?

Having spent the summer familiarizing myself with the lines & curves of the 04 GT3 I proudly call my own ... I have elected to mildly alter its' appearance to catch & hold my eye with more interest.

Creative licence lead me to pull on the racing pedigree that lies beneath every Porsche. Though the graphic is not my design, the spirit it signifies is a perfect toast to the marque that hits so far above its' weight class!

Have attached pictures here to share with everyone.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I may have started something that is yet finished ... however I am very pleased with the results thus far.

Enjoy the pics ... and your comments are welcome.

cheers!

Barnsey :cool:

Edited by Rick

Love it on that car. Gives a nice contrast and grabs the eye.

Personally I say make a few changes, especially if they can be easily reversed. Helps you bond with the car and sets it apart from the masses.

Well done I say!

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Being a designer (so pretty picky about anything visual), I'm usually hesitant about a lot of visual mods, but I think this is pretty tasteful! Go with it for a while and see how you like it...at least it's something you can change pretty easily.

I've thought about putting a decal (the Porsche stripes you see on the R) on the side of my Cayman before as well...just having the same dilemma you had.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Rick,

those go faster stickers look great! As for your dilemma I say make it your dream car, you only live once! Now you have to make the center exhaust mod, center lock wheels............

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

Porsche made fantastic cars then sold them to us to tweek into our personal tastes....as long as we drive them as they should I believe we have the Docs blessing.......very tastefully done :cool:

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Many famous car people like Porsches because (1) they're driver's cars, meaning people drive them instead of just store them in a garage, and (2) they modify and personalize them to continually make them better. The stickers look great! All sorts of little things you could do with a 996 GT3.
05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB
  • 6 months later...

March 14, 2015

Good afternoon everyone ..

Given our weather over the last week, it's easy to get duped into thinking Spring is here. Along with that thought comes the urge to get the car out and go for a drive ... or better yet ... perform another modification.

As mentioned in the initial frame of this thread "I may have started something that is yet finished" would appear to be true.

IMG_3129.jpg

Couldn't resist the urge to personalize the car just a little further.

As always, looking forward to our true spring .. so the GT3 may come out of hibernation for another driving season.

Look forward to seeing many of you very soon.

Barnsey! :cool:

Edited by Rick
March 14, 2015

.....................it's easy to get duped into thinking Spring is here. Along with that thought comes the urge to get the car out and go for a drive ... or better yet ... perform another modification.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3836[/ATTACH]

looking good Rick...........is that an off the shelf banner?

I took my S4 out on Friday and back into storage, the wind was ferocious North of the city but still nice to get the car out after a long sleep :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Hi Malcolm

The window decal was custom ordered from K1 Studios in San Diego, Ca.

http://www.kistudios.com/video-gallery.html

It was the alternate plan to my first choice (a personalized license plate). It turns out another Albertan had already claimed Schnell for their own plate.

Looking at it now, the decal does far more to transform the appearance of the car .. and that's what I was really intending.

cheers!

Barnsey :cool:

Edited by Rick