insurance appraisals?

racerabbit

So I did a search here and didn't come up with anything current, are there any recommendations for car value appraisals? Its been a while since I've had one done, and there have been a few improvement to the car, not to mention the crazy air cooled market... any recommendations? Still the guy from the vintage club (forgot his name, but its on this forum from a few years ago?)
KMR 968 Turbo
Here is a contact from the November 5th 2013 meeting minutes:

Norm Flanders - Vintage Vehicle Appraisals - 403-282-2547

Thanks. Are you sure it's not Ned Flanders? ;)

For vintage cars, the other 'agreed value' option is Hagerty, available locally through Palliser Insurance (and maybe others).

Hagerty does not require appraisals, and with an appraisal running at $350-500 per car every 5 yrs, can add up. You submit a proposed agreed value, with supporting pictures, and they look at their database of similar cars in the USA, and agree (or not, in which case you haggle to an agreed value I guess). I've had all of my proposed values agreed to by them. Rates are similar to other vintage insurance programs, which is to say cheap (mine average less than $300/yr per car).

• 2 weeks later...
So I did a search here and didn't come up with anything current, are there any recommendations for car value appraisals? Its been a while since I've had one done, and there have been a few improvement to the car, not to mention the crazy air cooled market... any recommendations? Still the guy from the vintage club (forgot his name, but its on this forum from a few years ago?)

Fred @ Nelson Racing 403-242-3856 he appraised my Carrera and prefer me to his buddy for Insurance too.

2018 991.2 GTS

2018 Cayenne

1989 Carrera 3.2