South Okanagan race track

malcolm

Anyone know the details regarding a new race track being possibly built near Osyoos?

Area 27 by Jacques Villeneuve?

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

KMR 968 Turbo
Being built on native land so no land use issues. Plans to be operated like a private country club with memberships and yearly dues. I believe it is around $40k to buy in.
thx for the info and link........back to Edmonton and wait for a more local venue.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

• 4 weeks later...
Actually it was Bill Drossos from Penticton that started this whole thing. The guy from Weissach/lambo Calgary simply bought a corporate membership to allow for track time for his clients on certain days. the first 100 memberships were 30 k the next 100 are now 35k. It will be a world class facility and a great location. I am from calgary and yes a track nearby would have been nice but you know I am busy with family in the summer this location allows for track time until november and very likely starting in February again. Try doing that in Alberta. Also my wife loves going out to Osoyoos and she really enjoyed the members. lots of spouses not just the guys and their cars. Not sure I could convince her to spend a weekend in Drumheller or Airdrie:) Dirk
KMR 968 Turbo
The difference with an Airdrie or Drumheller track is you don't have to convince the wife to go anywhere if she doesn't want to. You could spend a day at the track and come home. You don't need to make it a holiday. Going to Osoyoos for a track day automatically becomes a multi-day excursion and would entail trailering a car out there or having one stored there. Otherwise you risk not having a ride home if something happens at the track. Personally I view an Osoyoos track the same as going to Spokane for a track event. It really isn't all that practical for the occasional track user or car club looking to run a few track days or driving schools. I know the track in Osoyoos is members only which again does not help any of the car clubs. Think of Area 51 as being a private golf course in another province or state. Nice if you are a member and own a house near there but what most of us really need is a local public course to play on. Edited by KMR 968 Turbo
............I could convince her to spend a weekend in Drumheller or Airdrie:) Dirk

Ouch......theres 10s of 1000s of spouses enjoy Airdrie every weekend :)

As a former racer of Western Canadian and NW PAC tracks fully agree with Erics comments albeit with full realisation the massive commitments and money involved in creating a race track.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T