Need Opinions

Paul

Need feed back:

should I make some subtle changes to the look of my targa? Really getting into the two tone look aka Magnus Walker look.

Yes or no?

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

Hi Paul,

Perhaps post a picture of your car...would help with the votes I like your ideas already.

Best,

Mike

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Great looking Targa Paul.

For me personally, Duck tail and 964 bumpers would be a fantastic upgrade. Unique colour so I would leave it at that. I enjoy upgrades and tasteful mods it really makes your car, your car.....best of luck I'm sure your ideas will become reality.

Look forward to seeing your transformation.

Best,

Mike

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

should I make some subtle changes to the look of my targa? Really getting into the two tone look aka Magnus Walker look.

Yes or no?

Yes :)

For the two tone look I would use vinyl wrap. Zero risk, if you want to change back, peel it off.

Brodie, you may recall years ago i had vinyl wrap on the hood (carbon fiber look), the wrap kept bubbling and peeling due to the amount of chips on the hood. Did not look good after awhile. Thinking of buying replacement hood and trunk, that way i can always put the originals back on at a later date.

Mike, the duck tail would be my first option, not keen on the 964 bumpers, always liked the look of the big bumpers. Guess its just what I grew up dreaming about. My thinking is paint the hood and tail black to match the targa top, paint the porsche script on the tail in the original color.

Paul

Hi Paul

You know my preference when it comes to your car ... a "duck tail spoiler" is the ultimate look for the body lines of a 911 Targa. To my eye, the ducktail creates a visual break to the steep rake of the Targa's rear window and has better scale (less visual mass) on a narrow bodied car than the tea tray spoiler.

image.jpeg

Would also consider lowering the car to Euro ride height.

Also saw a hood stripe on an early eighties series car that was very tasteful. (will try to locate a picture and post it here.)

Found one that's' close ...

image.jpg

Barnsey :cool:

Edited by Rick

Rick, I wholeheartedly agree with the duck tail, waiting for the Canadian Peso to be a bit more favorable before I pull the trigger. Car is going in to Riegal tomorrow to have the suspension, steering, and ride height looked at. Looking to get better handling in the corners without disrupting ride quality to much! Really like the go faster stripes! what color do you think would look good on Rosewood Metallic? If any one has decent Photoshop skills, i would be interested in seeing some ideas.

Eric, I have some great ideas for the interior. Only problem is it is lower on my priority list at the moment. The extended Shifter shaft however is right near the top! I expect my chiropractor bills to be lower after this mod too!

Paul

Hi Paul ...

Just found another pic that really showcases the balanced body lines of a duck tail spoiler on an air cooled 911 Targa.

image.jpeg

This car needs to be lowered by an inch - inch and a half to complete the effect of being connected to the ground, otherwise a well sorted ride .. optically. (great wheels too)

As far as handling improvements go, you may want to consider Blistein struts & shocks. That in concert with a tower brace really transformed my former Cassis Red 3.2 ... now owned by Stirling.

Look forward to seeing how you transform your baby.

Edited by Rick

Thanks Rick,

had ad my car at Reigal the other day. Imre advised to lose the 17" cup wheels as I am getting rubbing on the front tires when the suspension is compressed. Question I have for anyone in the know is do the cup wheels need spacers on the front. If so do I have the wrong size? I have a set of 16" fuchs (6 and 7's) but was hopping to keep for another project. Plan now is to upgrade the torsion bars, turbo tie rods, and sway bars and get the right stance.

Paul

Here are some good examples of the ride height I consider ideal for handling optimization and visual appeal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Regret none of these pictures demonstrate color combo options for your car.

Edited by Rick