Insurance

Kelly9972S

Does anyone have recommendations for auto insurance. I have a clean driving record and drive an 08 911S. It appears the premium from my present provider is unreasonable, especially considering its on the road only 7 months and driven occasionally. Thanks. Edited by Kelly9972S
KMR 968 Turbo

Check out Competition Insurance. (403) 726-1323

They have given talks to the club before and they have specialty car insurance for guys like us who drive our cars only for short periods of time.

I have found the Co operators to be reasonable, but they probably aren't the lowest price out there. I do know for me they were much more reasonable than TD. I also like that they approve any repair work you may need to be done with Loc at Cosmos (I believe the only authorized factory Porsche repair center in Calgary) and that can be a real key for piece of mind, comfort, and potentially minimizing any hit to re-sale value down the road. Just something to keep in mind so you don't get caught after the fact as not all insurers do.

Also I think most that park their cars for winter phone in and move to minimum coverage while in storage - so you aren't quite paying the entire annual premium in a typical year if that makes sense.

For what it's worth - hope that helps.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Depends what you call reasonable. "The Personal" insures my Porsches for $500 each. I raise my deductables which cuts the rates.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Found out that the car has to be at least 10 years old for "collector" status and reduced rates. Currently I have a $1000 deductible and paying around $1600/year with the "collision" premium removed for 5 months when parked.

Unless you have some funky circumstances you should be able to do better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Hmmmn my car insurance is up for renewal. TD increased my rate $3523 for 2 Porsches & an '08 Tacoma all with $1000 deductibles. The only benefit with my policy is I can pay monthly with extra service fees.
i switched from td last year just kept increasing the price. phoned alpine ins, they advertise in the news letter. With house and 4 vechiles they cut my insurance almost in half.

I insure both cars through TSG through their Sports Car coverage.......the coverage restricts total annual mileage (good enough for the amount of driving the cars do) and that they're parked over the winter........~$600 both cars. The Cayenne driven all year is ~$1300.

Given the value of the cars are increasing substantially I'll be looking to ensure they are covered for replacement value.....car fires really scare!

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

I finally got around to calling my insurance company to inquire about the rate increase. What I was told was that government regulations have increased the liability portion of the insurance & that part of the pricing is not controlled by the insurance industry therefore 99% of people in Alberta will see some sort of increase. I was then transferred to another department that wanted to review my file to see if there were any rate reductions I wasn't taking advantage of. It took a lot longer than expected but definitely worth an hour of my time. Long story short, I received an alumni rate from university & saved $1500 on the house & 4 car policies! There was no reduction in benefits, just deleted some duplicate services & in fact increased some coverage on the house contents.
$1500/hr.......gr8 work :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone here used Hagerty insurance?

I currently have my cars insured with TD Meloche Monex, but something tells me they may severely undervalue my 964 if something happens, considering their rise in value over the last few years. It's by no means a concourse car, but I'd hate to think they only think it's worth 15-20k or something (like it may have been 5 years ago!).

Id love to find someone who can give me Agreed Value on the car.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Does anyone here used Hagerty insurance?

I've been using Hagerty for a few years now on the vintage cars. Agreed value, without the need for expensive appraisals (~$350-400 per car, every 5 years), which add up. You submit vehicle info, a bunch of pictures and a suggested agreed value. They either confirm that value, or haggle I guess - I've never had them not agree. Updating agreed value is a phone call, same process (without the pics). There are mileage and other restrictions typical of vintage policies, but cost is very similar to those (my group of 3 cars costs $700 or so a year, $100 deductible). I've thankfully never had a claim, so cannot comment on expected experience.

I get my Hagerty policy through Westland Insurance in Calgary, 403-259-2747.