2017 Parade - Spokane!!!!

Danielle

Anyone else with the same anxieties?

How about 2 sets of golf clubs, luggage for 2, and camera equipment, for 9 days away in a 987?...the missus may end up with a case of wine on her lap coming home...lol

Both you guys need to look at a targa! Prepping for upcoming trip with my beautiful wife and have two sets of clubs, two large camping chairs, cooler, my duffel bag, emergency kit (ie. wallet) all in the hatch with room left over to have the rear view mirror functional . Now if only I can get my wife to buy into the fact that the only space she gets for her " beauty" aids is the frunk then all is golden! Have a great time guys, really wish I was going!

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

• 2 weeks later...
So, Parade noobies, what did you think, and will you be going again?

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

I can't speak for the other newbies, but I will definitely be at the next parade that is within a day's drive. Fingers crossed that 2020 Parade will be during stampede week & within a day's drive. Now that I've got my first concours event & autocross event under my belt, I have some unfinished business to address haha.

I would go again if it is relatively close by. It was a nice getaway with the wife and was cool to see all the cars (both at the official concours and the unofficial car show in the hotel parkade!). While I would like to be there for the whole thing (we left Wednesday), unless it's in a location that works for a family holiday it's tough to justify an entire week of vacation time. The Gimmick Rally, AutoX and Parade of Porsches all looked like fun events. I could do without some of the pomp & circumstance though.

I think given the choice between a Parade and something like say, Rennsport Reunion 2018, I would definitely chose the latter. Looking forward to the Treffen next year too!

Neal

Everything was so extravagant, it definitely felt like the "Big Mombasa", or the "top shelf" event of all events.

My analogy of Parade is this: It's like riding in a Turbo; after that experience, all other cars feel slow.

Nothing will ever wow me as much anymore after experiencing Parade, but that's okay.

I feel lucky that I was able to stay the whole week.

It was a really big deal for me and a cherished memory I'll have forever.

I would never fly to parade, you really need your car there to have the full meal deal. I also wouldn't do any banquets aside from the Welcome banquet. The talking parts were loooooong and sometimes it felt like I was amidst a group of "old boys" congratulating each other. Also the banquets were really expensive considering the quality of the food. I had more fun dining with friends on our open nights.

The people who organized the Schweitzer Mtn. tour & Gimmick Rally put their heart & soul into those events and it showed. Oh - and I had tremendous fun doing 360's in the new Boxters at the Michelin Drive & Compare event... hehe.... ;)

I would recommend everyone try their damnest to attend at least 1 parade, it really is an experience unlike any other.

Edited by Danielle

I agree with the comments from the previous "newbs"...the whole event felt like a sort of Disneyland for Porsche, every day we were seeing great rides.

Plus the drives were awesome, pushing two Boxster's to the limit at Michelin was exhilarating, & AutoX is truly addicting.

I even got to chat with this guy in line at the Goodie store...he claimed his grandfather was kind of a big deal...

20170710_151708a.jpg

Al,

Great picture! Speaking of which, you got 2 votes from us for "Peoples Choice" for your entry in the Artshow for "356 Barn Find".

Marc and Leslie

Danielle I agree with your comments. The banquets are really for the serious competitor type who are waiting for their name to be announced. I've not heard if they announced any winners of the Spring Car Raffle; have you?

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Al,

Great picture! Speaking of which, you got 2 votes from us for "Peoples Choice" for your entry in the Artshow for "356 Barn Find".

Marc and Leslie

Thanks so much guys! There was some tough competition on display there....

Al,

Marc and Leslie

Al got our votes too!